chapter 18

Caine's P.O.V.

Peaches is still sleeping, shes had a long afternoon. Poor thing didn't even get to eat lunch. shes laying half wrapped in the blankets with one side completely uncovered. that's her sign for "i'm hot, but i'm not".

i gently glide out of bed trying not to wake her. i tip toe to the steps and quietly try to get to the kitchen. stepping down in the kitchen i take in her lunch mess. The pot and pan are still laying on the stove, and her full plate is still sitting untouched on the couch. i picked up her food and dumped it into the trash, there was no use in reheating the soup,and her sandwich would be no good reheated.

i placed the plate and bowl in the sink and turned on the water. water went everywhere! sometimes she is just to much to handle. Jane put a rubber band around the hose nozzle so when i turned the sink on i would get soaked.  well she got me. i was wet from head to toe. i heard her giggling and looked over and found her at the bottom of the steps in one of my shirts and nothing else, besides her under garments. she was now hysterical in laughter, bu i was cold! that water wasn't even warm yet! i took my shirt off and tossed it down the hallway to our laundry room along with my pants. my boxers however were not wet and i got to keep those on. Jane watched from the step in fits of giggles. she stopped laughing when i walked over to her and stuck my hand out. she looked down at my hand then up a me with  a puzzled look on her face.

"what?"

i smiled down at her. " give me that shirt you have on"

" oh no! nope, not gonna happen mister! this is my shirt now!" she had a smirk on her face.

" but, i suppose i can let you have it on one condition!" she poked one finger out gesturing to one condition, " you have to catch me!" and she took off across the kitchen to the other side of the island.

" you better run Darling; I'm coming; to get ya!" i told her in between my chuckles. i squared up with her from across the island and faked her out. she went left and i faked left but switched quickly to my right and she slipped on the water right into my arms. i slid my hands down to the hem of the shirt and tugged it over her head. now she stood in the kitchen in nothing but a black lace bra and panties. how could i resist this? i picked her up bridal style and took her back to bed and its no surprise what happened then.

Jane's P.O.V.

after the fun in the kitchen Caine taught me why i should give him his shirt when he asks for it and now I'm rushing to get ready for the ceremony in just a hour. granted me and Caine showered together, and  i mean actually showered no funny business, we killed two birds with one stone on that one. of course we goofed off and had our fun but it was more of a down to business sorta thing. i had one hour left to dry my hair and do my makeup and pick out a dress to wear.

searching mercilessly through my closet here in the glass house i found a dress i don't remember buying. there was a tag attached and as soon as i read the cursive handwriting on it i knew who it was from. this writing was on the walls in the cave. along with the wolf carvings. i slid the dress off the hanger and placed it on my bed and sprawled it out. it was just like selene's from the first time i met her. the white long gown that scooped dangerously low in the back and exposing some side cleavage.How could i forget this beauty? i read the tag.

" to my dearest daughter, i give to you my dress in honor of your special occasion, now rock that Luna position like i know you can -selene ...scratch that... - mom"

she made me laugh, sometimes she seemed so prim and proper and ancient, and other times she seemed like she grew up with me.    i slid on the dress and placed everything in the right spot. it fit my mother much better. i quickly shuffled downstairs to the bathroom and began drying my hair, I'm going to wear it straight tonight so styling it wasn't going to be hard. a quickly blow dry and a slide or two of the straightener and my hair was done in just under 15 minutes. while i was down here i could sneak out all these wrappers! i grabbed a plastic bag and gathered all the boxes, wrappers, and used tests, and triple bagged them so you couldn't see through them and then buried them in the kitchen garbage bag. 

i felt much better knowing he wouldn't find out himself, i want to tell him. But i scurried my way back out of the kitchen and up to our room where i found Caine getting dressed in a white cotton button up long sleeve which he rolled and pushed up to is elbows and left it untucked in the front. My weakness , let me tell you. he was dressed formal, yet casual he had a pair of light wash jeans that hung low on his hips and the words "American eagle" could be read just above his jeans. another weakness of mine. he just slid on a pair of dress shoes and topped it off with a gold watch on his right wrist. mm mm mm he was one fine piece of man, and i couldn't help but admire he was mine forever and always.

Caine turned around and saw me staring, but he got lost for a second taking in my dress.

"where did you get that? you look beautiful."  i just smiled at him.

" selene sent it to me, well my mom, i mean"  i didn't expect his next reply.

"selene, i like her, shes a wonderful woman! but that little riddle she gave me has my head spinning."

"what riddle? wait! you know my mom?!"  he cleared his throat an looked at me and pinched the bridge of his nose and started mumbling something i couldn't make out.

"good things come in small packages! that's what the riddle was."

sometimes he worries me, he had me all worked up about this riddle and i already knew what it was about. sheesh. i just kinda gave him a look and walked past him to the bathroom for my makeup. i didn't even care how he knew my mom at this point, if we kept dilly dallying we wouldn't make the ceremony on time! my makeup wasn't anything special. i contoured, highlighted, used a rosy pink bush and just did an "Egyptian" winged eyeliner. i felt i fit this style that i was working with and it really tied everything together.  i scurried from the bathroom to my  closet and rummaged for a pair of white heels. nothing.

"Jane! there's a box down here on the counter for you! its from your mom!' Caine shouted up the steps to me. i basically ran down the steps and rushed to open the box. inside was a letter and a pair of heels that went perfectly with my dress.

"oh daughter! that dress looks lovely on you! of course silly me i forgot about the shoes, so i sent these for you. " before i even continue to read the rest of the letter i put down the note and start looking around. how does she know all of this? she isn't even in the same realm!

"now, don't panic about how i know your mate, everyone knows me I'm the moon goddess, I'm who the pray to, your mate just so happens to be very special in this time since he is your guardian. I've taken the time to get to know him and you my daughter are one lucky wolf to have that, pat myself on the back for the mating pairs.oh and daughter don't worry telling me about the little bundle of joy your currently keeping a secret from him. i knew the second i smelt you last time you visited. don't ask sweety, you'll find out soon enough. well daughter I've taken up enough of your time today i hope you enjoy your gifts! -mom"

i lifted the white shoes out of the box and examined them. they were beautiful . high as all hell. she was crazy if she thought i could walk in these. white lace usually something i wouldn't think about wearing, but they were so elegant it was hard not to like them. i slid them on and it couldn't have been anymore of a perfect fit.

surprisingly walking wasn't half as bad as i thought it would be.