The Wolf in Me

My brother leans back against the sofa. Neither of us open our mouths. Mr. Green and his bodyguards were still outside the door,  we could smell them.

Why are you here?

To check on you. You know,  dad doesn't trust your ex to do anything right.  Cody tells me in our mind link, with a frown on his face. Like dad, he doesn't care for my past mistakes.

We hear Mr. Green and his bodyguards leave. Once we know they are gone,  we start talking out load. "I check in with dad every day and he knows I can handle myself. You know I can handle myself to." I point out.

"Then why was the Alpa of this land trying to kidnap you?" He crosses his arms, going all big brother on me.

Rolling my eyes, I cross my arms as well; leaning against the counter that's between the kitchen and living room.  "He thinks I'm his mate. His wolf was controlling his body." I tell him.

Cody frowns at my words. "Nova I know I've made this clear to you, over and over again. That no one will be good enough for you and that's the big brother in me. But he could very well be-"

Shaking my head,  I get a sudden flash back of our mom death before my eyes. Just because she was mated to a
rough Alpha. "Being mated to a rough;  especially of someone being a rough Alpha child is still dangerous. You know this as well as I do."

He says nothing at first,  he's drifted into his deep thought mind of his. He was probably running the laws over and over again in his head. To be mated to a rough,  was dangerous. They endangered their mate and pack. The council,  fronds on us and want us all dead. But they can't do anything out in the open like they did when we were children. Things have changed, there is even laws they have to follow.

"We could just get the mark removed," Cody whispers.

"Doing that, would be like slapping dad in the face. You know this,"

"Why don't you tell him the truth?"

"I already told him, that I was left behind and had no pack.  It was better to tell him I had no pack,  instead of telling him I was the daughter of the largest rough pack in North America and that dad is the Alpa." Running my fingers though my hair, I remember mom dying words and say them out load.  "Protect the pack and protect the family. If failure to do either, then hang your head and tale, cry to the wolf goddess and ask for givens and pray you get things right in the next life. "

Cody says nothing. He just looks at me, breathing slowly. His eyes change color back and forth between brown to gold. Back and forth, until they are just brown again. "You can't fight the urge to be with him forever,  you know that right? " He asks softly.

Standing up right, I put a wall around my heart and mind. "Trust me, it'll be easy just for the since that I know he's dating three other women at the same time." Going to my room right quick,  I change into a tank top and shorts, then walk back into the living room and to the door. . "There left overs in the fridge, I'll be back soon. I just need to run a little. " with that I close the door behind me.

Pov: Austin

My head felt like it was going to explode. My wolf took over my body and no matter what I did, he would push me back. We wanted--need our mate. But now, there is a chance she'll say no to us and just knowing that,  it hurts like hell.

A howl is thrown to the winds and into my bedroom; since the window was open. My heart hit my rib cage painfully. She needs us!

Running out onto the balcony, I shift into my black wolf form and run to my mate.

Pov: Nova

Running through the woods in my human form, my wolf calls to be free. But it's to dangerous here to fully shift.  If I was back home, then I would.

There a snarl to my right and get side checked in the ribs by a dark brown she-wolf. The impact sends me into a tree, but not hard enough the tree would fall over.

Snarling at the she-wolf that attacked me, two others go to her side. Then they all shift into their human forms, showing them selves as Austin bed friends.  "Should I be scared right now because it's three against one?" Leaning back against the tree, I glare at the three naked women.

I could see why Austin would find them all attractive,  they were all big chested. But that is the only thing I could see why he would like them. "No, this us telling you to leave. No one wants you here." The dark red head tells me.

"To bad, I work for your Alpha, get over it."

"Quite the job and leaves, we know what you are!" The light brown head says.

They can't possibly know.  "And what am I?"

The one that has said nothing to me, jumps at me. Moving out of the way, she hits the tree before she can reach me.  Now stand away from the tree, I glare harder at the three women.  "You are just looking to grab of high standing. He's not your mate, he's ours. " the red head tells me; then all three of them attach me.

I'm able to dodge two of their attacks when they shift. But the woman that didn't talk, bites onto my arm, making me scream in pain.

She let's go, only for all three of them to attack me. They get me here and there, as I move out of their way as best as I can, trying to control myself from shifting.

One of them grabs on to my leg,  making me scream in pain. This time, I can't control the shift. I shift into my light brown wolf self and snarl at them. They try to attack me, but this time I go at them and send two of them flying, but the one I don't get the third. She latches on to my neck and pins me down on the ground. A howl of pain leaves my mouth,  as she keeps holding on tight.

Blood drips down my neck,  everything starts to go black.  The last thing I see is a big black wolf jump in mid air and then I'm taken into the darkness.

Pov: Austin

All I see is red, when I see my beloved mate laying on the ground with blood coming out of her neck. As one of the women I've slept with for the past couple years holds onto Nova neck.

I attack the she-wolf just soon as she let's Nova go. After tackling her, I couldn't tell you what happened after I attacked her. But after I come to, she dead.

The other two she-wolfs whimper,  as they move closer to me. Snarling at them,  they stop and slowly back up as I go to Nova and lick her nose. I watch as she breath; then nudge her head with my nose,  but she doesn't open her eyes.

I watch as she shifts back into human form, my heart stops. But I fight the urge to throw a fit. She was mine and no one was going to take her from me. Not even the council. 

The two she-wolves dare and try and get close again. But I snarl at them and right away they run off.  Once I was gone with Nova, they would be back to take care of that other she-wolf. 

Getting Nova on my back, her naked body makes me shutter from the contact. Then I run back home with Nova and my back and all I and wolf want to do,  is make her feel better and take care of our needs. But those needs were going to have to be put on hold.