Shatter

Pov: Philip (Nova dad and if some how I have a different name for him, I sware I'm doing it out of mistake, just like Nova mate name. I'll fix the names later in July.)

I've told Nova ever since her mother died, to put a shield around her heart, so she would never be hurt again. But in truth, I said those words for myself, because I was--am a broken man and Alpha.

The hard rock shield around my own heart was being beaten down. I was watching Nova on my computer; she was weak and scared. I have my computer guys trying to track where this video was coming from.

My beloved, father was a sadistic bastered and since that night, when he killed her, he moved his pack and I haven't figured out where they moved.

Nova was being dragged out of the room, either to go to the bathroom or take a shower. They give her a shower once a week. But seeing how she at the point of not able to walk herself, I can't see her taking a shower herself.

The door to my office opens and in walks my son. "Dad, how is she?" He asks softly.

Cody is next in line to be Alpha of the rogues and I couldn't be prouder. But he has a soft heart, just like Nova when it comes to the weak. "She weak, they keep drugging her with silver when she sleeping." Dread fills my body, to the point it makes me sick, just when my beloved was killed. "I don't think she will last much longer." I whisper softly, sounding broken. But I'm not meant to be broken or weak, because of who I am. But my family is my family.

"I know you don't want to, but I think it's time to let the little punk out. With him being mated to Nova, he should be able to find her or close to where she is; even though she not marked." Cody looks away from me, knowing I don't care for his idea. But it might be the only way to get her back.

Taking a deep breath, I shake my head in agreement. "Make him wear a tracker band and have seven of the trackers follow him. But tell them, to make sure he doesn't know they are there."

Cody eye's spark with happiness and being surprised that I agreed. But why wouldn't I? Nova been gone for more then a month. "Understood." Then he leaves.

Looking at the family photo that was taken before my beloved was taken from me. I focus on her face. We are going to bring her home and we are going to kill him, for everything he has done to our family. He won't get away again!

Pov: Nova

My eye sight was failing, I could hardly keep my eyes open anymore and even when I can, everything is foggy.

It was night time, the guards were switching out right now. My mother brother Danny, who I've found out is her twin and I actually met him when I was three. Mom and him met many times in secret when mom, moved to the rogue pack.

The other guard leaves and Danny is supposed to silver me. "How are you doing?" He asks from the other side of the door.

"I'm in pain," I whisper, trying to push the pain my throat from only saying those three words.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to silver you."

"Won't you...get in...trouble?" Turning to face him, I have to move slow so I don't get to dizzy.

"If you won't tell, I won't." He whispers and it sounds like he's smiling.

"How long...have I been...here?"

The door lock, pulls back and then the door opens. I listen to him walk in and hear a plastic lid being taken off a bottle. When one of your senses start to fail, the others become sharper. "A little over a month." He tells me, in a soft voice, as if I was a child. "Here some water, do you think you can sit up on your own?"

"No." I tell him truthfully.

He picks up half my body, so I can lean against him and drink. He lowers his head and whispers so softly, I don't think anyone could hear if they were close by. "Don't eat any of the food for the next few days. I'll tell you when its safe again to eat."

"Why?" I ask, just as softly as he had.

"He wants to test how much longer your wolf can hold out. He's planning on putting some sort of poison in it." Shaking my head for understanding, he gives me a little bit more water. "That's all of it." He slides me down back on the bed.

"That man...from the first...time I was...here...Who is he?"

"There is a point in our pack, when a female hasn't found her mate. She will marry an unmated male--"

"What about...his real...mate?"

"By default, his mate bound with his real mate is broken. But with the female, for some reason doesn't brake." He informs me. "That man that punched me, was meant to be her mate by default, because she was at the age she should had already found her mate. When my sister did find her mate, the wedding and all the planning was stopped. It made our father beyond pisted that your father was nothing more then a rogue." He lets out a breath, like telling me all of this is a true bother. "As for that other man that was here, they had dated and loved one another. But my sister wanted her mate and that broke him in more then one ways. When he found out who your father was, he tried to talk your mom into rejecting him and go on to the plan of the marriage." He turns around, like he's facing me now. "But of course that didn't work out. He has believed ever since everything happened, that your farther should never be happy."

"He's a...shattered...man."

"And he's an ass." Danny chuckles bitterly. "My father planning passing the Alpha title on to him and not on to his own son." He growls briefly.

Feel no sympathy for that for the man, that tried to take mom from dad. My wolf instructs.

"Are you feeling any better?" Danny asks.

"Truthfully I don't feel any better. I think after I sleep, I'll feel better. Thank you for talking with me."

I hear him walk away and then hear the door close. "Rest you'll need it."

Covering myself back up, I let Danny words sink into my head. Mom rejected a man, who loved her. Because she found her mate. I wonder if her ex was there, when the war started.

As I start slipping into sleep, I hear August voice in my heard and for the first time in a long time, I can hear someone else in my head, that isn't my wolf. I'm coming love. I'm coming, just hang on. We'll get to go home soon, I promos.

Then I sleep into a deep sleep, with hardly any pain in my body.

***

Update for you all. Hope you all get around to comment and vote, when you get time to, after reading.