Chapter 5

What?
How could magic be so draining? No spell had ever knocked me unconscious since the time I tried to make an apple fly across the room when I was 8.
How long was I asleep?
I look around the room for a window, but can't find one. Seriously. Locking me in a room, with no window. So I can't see outside, so I have no way of knowing how long Glory's been away, or how long I've been held here. Clever, but also controlling and a bit psychotic. I might not have taken psych 101 but I know... have an idea about what I'm talking about.
I lie back onto the bed, and wait. Waiting to get out and see Glory and have someone to talk to.
About an hour later, I hear the door unlock. I just curl up in a ball and wait for Glory to start talking "Hey. How's my Cutie doing?" She comes over to the bed and sits next to me. "Well," she notices the bags under my eyes from the spell "has somebody been trying magic? I mean, I never said that you couldn't use magic, I kind of implied that I'd taken it from you and if you try to actually do magic," she's lying next to me now "you just fall unconscious, so don't even try to use magic against me."
I turn my body around to look at her "You know a lot about me, just by looking at me. It kinda makes me a bit..." I mumble
Her face becomes unreadable "Cutie, you keep forgetting that I saw your mind. I know how you work. I'm probably the only person that truly understands you."
I look at her. She's being honest. If she looked into my mind, she knows how it works. She's the only person who truly understands me on a basic level. "Now, two pieces of business to attend to." She jumps out of bed, dragging me with her. She wraps her arm around me and pulls me down the stairs "Be grateful that I don't have my minions look after you. Instead, I've taken it upon myself to care for you. And it's actually not the drag I expected it to be. That's a compliment, by the way." She tosses my onto a seat and picks up a large bag "The first thing we need to do, is fix that wardrobe. It's not necessarily bad but you do need more than one outfit. So, I've got my minions to get you some new clothes. It'll be a whole new wardrobe, or should I say closet?"
"What?" I ask. Her word choice is very specific
"What? I'm just helping you get some street cred, but you won't be walking down another street, you'll be staying here, until I get the Key, then you'll go to hell with the rest of this sorry species. Unless, you want to rule he'll with me?"
"Never."
"Suit yourself."
She rummages through the bag and starts throwing random things at me. I pick up them and see short red dresses and pairs of leggings and sleeveless tops and a leather jacket and pairs of skinny jeans.
Glory looks up from the bag "Well. Try them on."

*

After about an hour, I've tried on every outfit for Glory. She would just look at me, sometimes laugh, sometimes make a twirling motion, sometimes compliment me.
She looked at me, "Okay Cutie, we're done with this. Now, you look best with the umm blue sleeveless shirt with the short leggings." She picked them up and threw them to me. "Go change."
I

look at her, "What's wrong with this outfit?"
Glory just looks me in the eye "You're wearing that number when the world is ending."
I nod, there was no arguing with this woman.
"And when you're done with that, we have to film your message for the slayer." She runs across the room and picks up a camcorder. She fumbles around looking for something, before she finds a sheet of paper. She holds them in one hand then comes back over to me. "So, Cutie, are you ready to send a message?"