five | issues

"James do you need a ride-" James slammed the front door behind him as he headed for the bus stop, ignoring his father. His Monday morning was similar to his Tuesday, he didn't eat breakfast and he walked out before his father could finish a sentence. Owen had been trying apologize, but his son wouldn't even stay in the same room as him for longer than thirty seconds.

James barely made the bus, he was the second stop and only one person got on before him. His bus was usually empty in the morning, after school most of the students would actually be as school and need a ride home so they could make it to work on time. He did have friends on the bus, Mason, Violet, Garrett, and Liam. Not that he really talked to them, most of the time he was on his phone and ignored everyone. Listening to his music louder than he should.

"I'm screwed." Mason muttered, walking on the bus seeing James sitting alone. Violet was sick, and at the stop the three guys were talking about how James was often left out of things. Liam made the argument that James closed himself off, ignoring them in the group chat, and not talking during lunch or history.

Mason said that since Violet was away, one of them had to sit with him. Mason was nominated, because it was his idea and both of the straight boys were aware of Mason's small crush on James even though they all knew little about him. "You got this." Garrett sat in the seat across from James, Mason going to sit next to James but last minute chickened out and sat next to Garrett instead. "Or not."

"Seriously?" Liam asked, narrowing his eyes at Mason. He sat next to James, who didn't even glance up at him once he sat next to him. "You owe me." James wasn't dead, even if his music was loud he was still able to hear the boy next to him.

"Hey time bomb, if you didn't want to sit next to me; there's a seat in front of your friends." James snapped, the sixteen year old was great at many things. Taking his anger out on the wrong person was one of those things.

"Chill, just didn't want you to feel left out." Garrett spoke up for Liam, who still a ticking time bomb to James. "Make comments about Liam having anger issues, but I think it's you."

"Least I can admit to that." James went back to his phone, ignoring the three for the rest of the ride. Liam was tapping his fingers against his legs, frustrated by the boy who sat next to him.

"What do you see in him?" Garrett asked Mason, the one who has been gawking over him since James walked into class. Liam wanted to say he was just as confused as Garrett, but currently he felt as confused as Mason did in eighth grade before he came out as gay.

"A body that God has blessed." Mason said with a straight face.

"I'm really glad I can say the same thing about you." James winked, sitting across from Mason. Placing his water on the cafeteria table. Liam and Garrett both raised an eyebrow, Mason's eyes widened more out of surprise that James heard him and not that he was attracted to guys.

"So you're gay?" Garrett bluntly asked.

"No, girls are just as hot. If someone is will to fuck so am I." James smiled, Liam made a slightly disgusted facial expression. "So Mason if you're down, I'm willing to go-" James was cut off by Garrett.

"I'm going to get myself some food, can't believe I'm having a conversation like this." Garrett spoke as he stood up, glancing around to see if anyone wanted something. "I'll be back." Garrett mumbled, leaving the three alone.

Mason and Liam both looked back at James, still confused on his comment. "Don't worry Mase, I'm only teasing you. I don't really go for younger guys." He shrugging, opening his water bottle. Liam looked across at Mason, both of them catching the comment he made.