twelve | runner

Wednesday, school was cancelled for the day since the whole Violet and Garrett thing; and the afternoon was the most eventful thing that happened to James that week, which was saying much since at the scrimmage; after it got cancelled because Violet tried to kill Brett Talbot. Ella dragged James home right as the cops arrived, she wouldn't let her first born son anywhere near the school.

She wanted him out of Beacon Hills as soon as she could, but he couldn't miss school because that wouldn't be on Owen but instead her and that could ruin her chance of James moving with her.

James was just getting out of the shower and for once he was home alone. The entire week Ella had planned on staying as long as possible, and James knew Owen wouldn't kick her out until she was on his last nerve. Which could be a while, or take five seconds.

Liam had updated James on everything that happened when Violet was dragged off by the cops, and a Federal Agent; also known Scott's father. James was glad that he missed the police amount, because him and police had never gotten along well. Even prior to going to juvie, James had been taken to police stations before, always let go because they were minor things that didn't deserve juvie or just to give him a warning.

Scott and him had gone through Garrett's lacrosse locker, and according to Liam who was on watch he saw nothing. Unfortunately for everyone and anyone on the dead pool Garrett was still missing, and from what Liam heard Agent McCall say, Garrett and Violet were dangerous.

They were behind murders all over the country, and went by the Orphans. Which made sense, James had heard Mason hear that Garrett and Violet rarely spoke about their personal life or parents.

James heard a knock on the door, and he heard Mason speaking to Liam. "I'm surprised you wanted to ask him to come, you always act like you hate him." Mason spoke, James nodded also confused that Liam was the one to be the one to come over to James' house. He had given Liam the address the day of the first lacrosse tryout and they went to the hospital. "Knock again, he isn't coming."

James heard another knock, he rolled his eyes slipping a pair of boxers, and as he headed down the stairs he slipped a pair of sweatpants over his legs; but once he opened the door he was still pulling them up. "I do shower, you know that right?" Mason looked over at Liam, nudging him; Mason not looking at James directly.

"Do you wanna come on a run with us?" Liam asked, looking over at Mason who kept his eyes on the ground now. James let out a sigh, he did want to go on a run. He did feel stressed out and could use a run to feel better; that was what the hot shower was supposed to do but he didn't feel much better.

"Yeah, let me change." James sighed, keeping his door open to let the two in. When he walked away, seeing both of them just standing there. "My AC is on, so either stay out there and close the door or come in and close the door." James sighed, rolling his eyes. Both Mason and Liam walked in, closing the door behind them and stood there awkwardly as James went upstairs to change.

"Can I ask you something?" Mason turned to his best friend, Liam nodded looking around the house. There were photos of James from when he was younger, most of them from maybe the age of ten and up. Only of James, or James and his father. None with his mother, James never explained that to Liam before being dragged away. Which Liam wasn't annoyed by, James had almost no time to explain it. "Do you like James?"

"He's a friend, I mean he's an asshole but still a decent friend." Liam shrugged, looking at a pile of papers the top one marked Brett Talbot. "A plus, not a surprise Brett." Liam sighed.

"That isn't what I meant by that." Mason gave him a supportive look, he knew it wasn't easy to come out, saying that you liked the same gender was difficult. It was confusing, and it wasn't something that you could decide overnight. It took Mason over two years to fully realize, and to accept it. He was nervous of what his family and friends would think, sure he lost some not close friends but he still had his family and Liam.

"Are you asking me if I'm gay?" Liam asked, tilting his head. He wasn't gay, he liked girls. He didn't have a crush on James. James was an asshole that treated Liam differently everyday.

"I'm asking if you like James." Mason smiled, Liam shook his head but he felt his heart gently skip a beat. James jumped down the stairs, Liam was nervous that James heard everything but by how he acted completely oblivious to everything, Liam assumed he didn't. Liam was wrong, James heard the entire conversation from start to end, and he heard Liam's heart.

"Ready?" He asked, looking between them both. "Did something happen while I was gone?" James asked with a look of confusion. Both Mason and Liam shook their head, which all three of them knew it was a lie. "Then let's go."

"It's not that It's not just that we were friends with them." Mason had been going on for fifteen minutes about Garrett and Violet, the whole assassin thing was worrying him; which would freak out the normal person. "They were using us for their cover. I mean, professional killers were using us. How are you not freaking out about that?" Mason asked both of the werewolves, James was about to figure who he would gouge his own eyes out with nothing but a paper clip and a pen.

"I know a guy who slit his sister's throat because he was dared too." James pointed out, Mason looked over at him a shocked look. "He was the nicest dude." James hummed, running forward.

"Trust me Mason, I'm freaking out a lot." Liam began to pick up his pace. Soon matching James' pace, neither of the really realizing that they left Mason behind. Both of them beginning to get lost in their thoughts, it wasn't everyday that you were on a dead pool, possibly. Nor was it everyday that one of your friends wanted to kill you, or that you could hear someone's heart beat.

James didn't like being a werewolf, the strength and healing was awesome, he liked never having to worry about being injured. He thought it was cool that he could scare little children on Halloween whenever he wanted too, or any time of the year.

James didn't like that he was forever going to be hunted down for the rest of his life, which he didn't know how long the average werewolf lived for if they weren't killed by other monsters, hunters, or assassins. He didn't want to worry about control, he wanted to be able to rage out and not worry about if his eyes would glow or if he was about to to shift. James wanted to be normal, and deal with his personal issues without having to add onto the stress of this dead pool.

Both James and Liam slowly stopped, James only stopped because he noticed Liam began to slow down. The two looked back, realizing that they had just ditched Mason. Probably the one person that could make them both feel normal.

James and Liam both went flying across the path, landing ten feet from where they were standing after being hit by a car. James did a couple rolls, and was positive that he had just broken something. "Hey Liam, James." Garrett without a last name greeted, showing off a blade. James tired to sit up, holding onto his side as he scooted away. Right about his eyebrow was bleeding. "Sorry about missing movie night. Don't worry I have something else planned." Garrett smirked.

He stabbed James first, mostly because James was more aggressive than Liam was at the moment. Liam looked over at James, who was soon passed out. "What did you do to him?" He asked loudly, hoping Mason would see this and call the cops.

"Don't worry, there is just enough for you." Garrett smiled, referring to a bit of the rare wolfsbane left on the blade. He put a tiny amount of what he had left on the blade, using it on James first. Before Liam could escape, Garrett had cut him with wolfsbane covered blade.

unedited

double update bc the 100 woo! and instead of studying for chem i wrote this soo if I fail I know why!!!

also sorry this is short I didn't want to do the entire episode in one chapter

so next chapter James will be weak because of the wolfsbane :))) Liam will be stronger lol (he can shove James into a locker lol jk they'll be in a well)

don't forget to vote and comment:)