twenty | breakfast

Owen walked into his son's room, about to offer pancakes when he saw his son. A faint smile formed on Owen's face. James had his arm draped over Liam, and instead of sharing the bed equally; they were both on James' side. Owen knocked on the door, and both heads shot up. "Pancakes?"

James moved his arm, running his fingers through his hair. "Yeah, lots of chocolate chips. Liam?" James asked, his voice was raspy. Liam slowly nodded, rubbing his eyes. "Thanks dad." Owen nodded, the smile on falling of his face as he walked away. James stood up, fixing his shirt. He wasn't used to sleeping with a shirt on, but he had just crashed before even changing into something better. "You talk in your sleep, you know that?"

"I've been told." Liam lied, James nodded walking towards his dresser he pulled out a different shirt. Liam watched as James changed his shirt, pulling over over a black shirt and he pulled over his blue flannel shirt. "What did I say?" James glanced over.

"It's not real. Throughout the entire night, you stopped for a while but a certain points you'd mutter to yourself." James shrugged, not thinking much of it. Turning around, he grabbed pants and boxers. "I'll be back." James muttered, walking to the bathroom outside of his room.

Liam stood up, and grabbed his phone. Seeing a couple texts from Mason, asking where he was.

liam; stayed at james house, forgot to mention that :/

mason; did you tell him?

mason; that you liked him?

mason; are you guys dating? Omfgkd

mason; do you both of a best man or just one? either way I'm a best man

liam; no, no, no, and I have no idea mason.

"Pancakes should be ready in a couple minutes." James said, walking in and tossing his clothes into the pile in the corner. Liam nodded, putting his phone back down and followed James down to the kitchen. Owen had set plates up, and was already sitting at the head of the table eating his pancakes and reading the newspaper.

The table was silent and awkward, forks would scrape against the plate and no one would speak to anyone. Owen was reading an article on the increase of murders in Beacon Hills, James and Liam were lost in thought. James was thinking about how he was almost murdered and he couldn't tell his father, and Liam was thinking about the Berserker that was standing right behind Owen.

"So how long have you two been-" Owen asked, pointing between his son and Liam. It took both of them a second go put the connection to together.

"Just friends." James corrected while smiling. Owen nodded before turning back to the paper, not believing his son.

The week went on normal, which was surprising to even think that something could be normal after finding out that werewolves exist. The dead pool was shut down, thanks to Malia and Stiles, Apparently a banshee named Meredith Walker was in charge of it, because Peter went crazy during his coma time and Meredith heard every single word he thought while she was in the hospital. James felt extremely relieved that he was no longer being hunted for money.

Going back to reality, James was studying for a math test for the following day, while Mason and Liam played possibly their seventh round of the game, Liam always beating Mason which had something to do with his reflexes. "He can sleep anywhere." Mason commented, after their round finished. Both Liam and Mason looked over at James who was using his text book as a pillow, and on the floor in front of the bed. "So did you guys cuddle when you slept over at his place?" Liam rolled his eyes, but didn't respond. Because Liam didn't want to lie. "Oh my god, you guys cuddled. You were the small spoon, I know it."