thirteen | shoving

The water in the well wasn't deep, the water reached around the middle of James' upper arm while sitting. Liam was watching the unconscious boy, who still hadn't woken up from the lethal dose of wolfsbane. He still had a heartbreak, it was faint but still there. He would randomly groan in pain, giving Liam false hope that he would wake up also.

Liam had attempted to climb the wall multiple times, but he always fell. His hands were cut, and he was slowly healing and he knew it was because of the leftover wolfsbane that Garrett had used on him. James had a stronger dose, he could die if Liam couldn't get out and find Scott. Scott could take him to Deaton's and bam they'd both be fixed and begin to fully heal.

"Fuck." James groaned, it was the first Liam heard James say in the past twoish hours which made him sigh in relief. "Where the hell are we?" James asked, slowly opening his eyes and looking around the large well. James shook his head, and began to slowly stand up; hissing in pain as he grabbed his lower torso where Garrett had cut him.

"We've been poisoned and tossed in a well." Liam briefly explain. James nodded, forcing his eyes to stay open. "Garrett used more of the poison wolfsbane on you, so you're in more pain." He slowly added, confused on who James would react to the situation.

The sky was darker than it was whenever they went on the run, but it wasn't night. Not yet at least, but it was close and would be dark soon. Maybe half an hour until it got dark out. He looked back at Liam, who's hands were cut and bloody. He was slowly healing, unlike the first night at the boathouse when both of them healed instantly. "How many attempts have you made?" James asked, taking deep breaths to try and stop the pain.

"Over fifteen, I lost count." Liam sighed, frowning at the fact that he failed to save himself and James over fifteen times was embarrassing. "Maybe you should sit back down." Liam suggested, noticing his pain. Liam remembered that Scott said something about eventually being able to sense who other people felt and even though Liam was new at this; James was in more pain than he let on.

"I'm fine." He gritted his teeth, before looking back up the well. He didn't even bother screaming, the person would have to be sitting right next to the well for them to hear the two freshmen in the well. It would take them forever to get them out, and it would be difficult for James and Liam to get to the clinic if their was a medical team wanting to examine them. "I'm gonna try to climb."

"No." Liam gently shoved James back, before he could grab on the bricks. "You're more injured than I am, you can barely stand!" Liam yelled, James rolled his eyes shoving Liam much harder into the well wall. Liam moved quickly and yanked James off the wall, keeping him standing.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" James asked as he shoved him against the wall. He was using the majority of his strength, which wasn't much, against Liam so he could climb the wall. "If we stay in this well we will die anyways."

"You aren't climbing, okay? Scott will find us." Liam muttered, looking down at the way. James muttered unbelievable about Liam, he couldn't believe that Liam really thought Scott could find them. He might not even know that they were missing, after the lacrosse game James probably would have stayed home because of his 'injury'. "Why don't you trust him?"

"He fucking turned me into this monster!" James screamed, his eyes glowing gold- by choice. "My life is pretty messed up as it is if you haven't noticed." His eyes faded back it his natural colour.

"I've noticed but you won't tell me anything." Liam argued back, rolling his eyes. Looking back up the wall of the well. "I'm going to try again, if I fall catch me." James shrugged but nodded, watching Liam who seemed to know exactly which bricks to grab in the beginning. He took his time to pull himself up, by time Liam reached fifteen feet he slipped because his hands were soaked because of the water, his shoes were slippery, and the bricks were also soaked.