twenty-two | missing

James stood next to Mason in Liam's room. Liam's mother had let them into the house and according her Liam seemed a little out of it. Which concerned her, but she thought maybe his two friends would be able to get him talking. James wasn't sure either him or Mason would get him talking, but maybe enough to make him feel more comfortable. "I know something is going on. I know you don't want to talk about." Liam was shaking his head as Mason spoke. "But you're still my best friend." Mason sat next to Liam, picking the games up. James awkwardly just stood there. "And uh considering the one of the last good friend I made turned out to be a professional killer, I'm thinking I don't have many options for new ones." James fake coughed. "You and James are my closest friends, so when either of you are ready to talk, talk." Mason said looking over at James who smiled happily. "Until then I know I can kick your ass in at least one of these games!"

Mason handed Liam the pile, and sorted through the pile. "I've never played this one." Liam said, James laid on the bed as Mason set the game up. His head resting on his hands as got comfortable in the bed. "Thanks." Liam smiled as Mason handed him the remote. James accepted one of the remotes also, and got out of his comfortable position and sat up.

"I don't even know what we're playing." James mumbled, he had never been one of those teenage guys who spent hours playing. Maybe once a month if he went to his friends house, usually they played high and James was terrible at it. He hoped his fast reflexes would help, considering he knew it helped Liam a couple days ago when the two were playing.

"I will have an extra advantage then." Mason smirked, sitting on floor. James didn't even own an Xbox. He held the remote awkwardly trying to figure out what each button did as the game started. Mason had killed James within two minutes.

"I didn't even figure what the buttons do." James mumbled, Liam chuckled glancing over at James who had put the remote down and went onto his phone. It went on for another fifteen minutes before Mason defeated Liam.

"Yes!" Mason cheered, putting his hands up in the air excitedly. James looked over at Liam, and by the look on his face Liam had let Mason win. "Another round?"

"Sure." James hummed, picking the remote backup. When the round started, James lasted five minutes but the round went for another twenty. In those twenty minutes, James fell asleep again. James couldn't be blamed, Liam's bed was really comfortable.

"Is he staying over again?" Mason asked, looking over at James before they started the third round. Liam shook his head staring at him. "Couple more rounds than I should head home." Liam nodded as he turned James' remote off; disconnecting the boy from the game. "I was talking to James earlier this week and he said he sometimes finds younger guys attractive and has had crushes on younger guys-"

"Why were you talking about this?" Liam asked, slightly worried that Mason told James how he felt. Liam just wasn't ready to tell James how he felt, hell he hadn't even told his parents that he was into guys.

"Don't worry I didn't tell him you liked him, he may now think that I do." Mason said shrugging, now just button smashing against Liam. Neither of them noticed that when Liam grabbed the remote from James, he had slowly began to wake up, James had a small smirk on his face. "He let me down easily, man he knows how to let someone down." Mason chuckled.

James rolled over in doing so he fell off the bed and onto the floor. "I really wish I could say this was the first time this week I fell off a bed." James groaned as he stood up. Mason and Liam were both laughing at their friend. "Like seventh time this week." He said rubbing the back of his head. Two days ago he fell out of his bed three times in one night, on the third time he just dragged his blankets to the floor and slept there for the night. Owen was confused on why James was on the floor, but once James explained he couldn't stop laughing. "So who is winning?" He asked trying to change the topic.