Apologies

"Oi, you there? Can we... Can we talk about the other day... With you and I..?"

'Nishiki?' "Ah yeah I'm here, come in." You follow him as he walks in with one hand in his pocket and the other on his nape. He looks somewhat nervous...

"No one told you yet did they?" He took a seat besides you on the edge of the bed. Looking down at the floor.

"No specifics, just that the Rc suppressants stopped me from doing something I'd regret is all." Slowly, you're beginning to think Nishiki had a lot to do with what happened. And as before, your insides twist and you sink into yourself, as if to shelter you from the truth.

"Good... Well, before I begin. I don't want you to feel bad or guilty for anything. Because here, we've all made mistakes... So just listen alright? The news came on about the facility you were in, notifying citizens that experiment being held there is on the loose. And the shock plus your hunger probably got the best of you. You were about to cause a scene in the shop so I took you to our headquarters, away from the customers." He paused, like it was hard for him to continue.

"And well, I guess to bring my guard down, you used your uh, feminine charm to get the best of me. And I... Fell for it and you almost bit me but luckily, Kaneki was coming our way already and he stopped you in time. So thats about it, (y/n). But I'm alright aha, although it was embarrassing for me, it was also impressive too." He finally looked at you with a sly grin. But it was so easy to see he was hurt by your actions. Not physically but emotionally. And that was probably worse. But... Wait... Something wasn't right with this story...

He was about to get up but you stopped him, getting up and pushing him down the bed and hovering over him. With a fierce look in your golden eyes you questioned him, "I was injected with Rc suppressants... How could have Kaneki had one miraculously on him, huh? What's going on?!" You were so paranoid now, the way the facility took advantage of you... You were obviously strong but you still felt helpless in this world after that. Always fearing the worst now.

"(Y/n)?!" You heard Kaneki's voice behind you and he pulled you off of Nishiki. "Let. Go. Of me..." You warned lowly to him, and he lessened his hold on you. "Tell me what really happened, there was a noticeable error with the story you've all tried selling me." Your emotions were so erratic right now and you didn't know whether to be scared, angry, hurt, or confused. It all came at you at once and you didn't know how to handle it, you became frustrated quickly, eventually tearing up as a result.

You turned away from both Nishiki and Kaneki to wipe your tears, you were sick of crying, of feeling like this. "I can handle it, so... Spill. The facility kept things from me, and now look at it. I don't have time for lies. What do you want from me? Cause right now, it certainly doesn't feel like you're on my side." You turn around partially and glare at them with one eye.

They both looked at each other, face full of mixed emotions. Kaneki had a solemn look to him and Nishiki looked defeated. Kaneki approached you first, cautiously taking your hand and seating you back on the bed. He sat on one side and Nishiki sat on the other. "The truth is, you're lucky. Tsukiyama seems to really be concerned with you, and fascinated by you... But thats besides the point. You both came here so that he could heal after your infliction on him, but he had already called Yoshimura. He knew you needed help, and once he learned you ran away from it- Us... He needed a way to be sure you'd accept help. So he left that in our hands. We... Deliberately left raw packages of flesh around the headquarters, in hopes of igniting your hunger. But we weren't counting on the news to display such information. It was bad timing. That's what really set you off. More than we had intended. We knew once Nishiki took you, you'd try something, anything for flesh. So I stood by for when that happened, Rc suppressant in hand. We set this all in motion (y/n). But it was for you, for your best interest." You stood up, running your slender fingers softly through your (h/c) locks. Clearly distressed.