CHAPTER THREE

𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉 ;𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐

𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐

Later that day Xander, Willow, Buffy, and I were sitting down on the bench outside. Cordelia approached us, her gaze on Buffy.

"Sorry to interrupt your downward mobility, but you won't be meeting with Coach Foster today—you know, the woman with the chest hair—due to the extreme dead guy found in one of the lockers," she told Buffy.

My eyes widened, and I nearly took a spit-take from the soda I was drinking. "Wait, dead?" I questioned, setting the drink down beside me.

"Totally dead. Way dead."

"So, not just a little dead?" Xander said sarcastically. I turn around and hit him on the arm as hard as I could. "Ow!"

"How did he die?" Buffy asked.

"I don't know."

"Well, were there any marks?"

Cordelia snorted. "Morbid much? I didn't ask."

Buffy glanced around at us.

"Uh, I—I gotta book. I'll see you guys later." She gathered her things and stood.

Cordelia watched her leave.

"What's her deal?" She asked us. We shrugged, not knowing how to reply.

Cordelia plopped down on the bench beside me.

"I told Buffy earlier to come to The Bronze tonight. You are welcome to join." With that, she left.

"Is it just me, or did Cordelia Chase just give us an invitation to hang out at The Bronze?" Willow said, biting on a pen.

"It's not just you," I replied, looking at Xander. He smiled.

"Looks like we're going to The Bronze."

♱ ♱ ♱

Willow and I sat down in empty seats at the bar. The floor practically trembled due to the moving bodies and loud bass of the band.

After ordering, Willow glanced around. "Where's Xander?"

"Late as usual," I replied, taking a sip of my drink.

"He should be here by now." She worried, glancing at her watch.

I patted her shoulder. "It's okay. The guy is always late. You know that."

"Hey, guys."

"Oh, hey Buffy," I said as she plopped down in the seat beside me.

"Cool necklace," Willow commented.

"Um, thanks."

Willow faced me. "Hey, don't you have one just like it—"

I placed a hand over her mouth, silencing her.