Chapter 7

"Wake up, (N/N), it's time to go!" Ron's voice rang throughout my room. I sat up in my bed and walked over to my door, swinging it open. Ron stood there, arms open like he wanted a hug. I laughed and gave him one.

"Thank God! Alright, let me grab my stuff and Midnight, and we can go." I ran back into my room, grabbing my bags and Midnight's cage.

"Here, let me help you." Ron took one of my bags, the bigger one, and began to walk down the hall to the stairs. I grinned and followed him. We ran (well, speed-walked) outside, where Fred and George were waiting for us.

"Hello, (N/N)! Nice to see you've grown up well!"

"Yeah, you aren't a little thing anymore! If we saw each other more, I'd date you!" I laughed at them, giving them both hugs.

"Nice jokes, doofs. How's Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes going?"

"Oh, just wonderful," George answered, smiling a bit. "You have to come shop there sometime, prank old Snape for us."

"Yeah, I'm sure Ickle Ronnikins here'll help you, no doubt," Fred added, grabbing onto me. George held onto Ron. I held onto Midnight's cage tightly; I didn't mind losing some clothes, but Midnight was my owl. I couldn't bear not being with her. "Ready, (N/N)?" Fred asked, looking down at me. I nodded, and he apparated away. Shortly after, we arrived at the Burrow, George and Ron beside us. Mrs. Weasley, Ginny, and Harry came out of the house to greet us. Hermione wasn't there, I noticed, which was peculiar, but I didn't say anything.

"(Y/N), it's so great to see you!" Mrs. Weasley ran up to me and gave me a huge hug. I hugged her back, smiling.

"It's great to see you, too," I replied, pulling away from the bone-crushing hug. I looked around at Ginny and Harry, waving to them a little, then pulled Ron inside to help me get my stuff to Ginny's room. We walked up the steps without talking, but Ron finally broke the silence.

"How was the ball? We're never invited, even though we are Purebloods, and I want to know how it is-"

"You don't want to be there. It's terrible. So. Fucking. Terrible."

Mrs. Weasley called up to us, "(Y/N), language, please!" which made Ron laugh. I stuck my tongue out at him and continued the journey up the stairs.

We made it to Ginny's room, and I put Midnight and my stuff in. Once I had everything was down, I turned to Ron. "Where's Roxy?" I asked, wondering where my dog was. Ron laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of his head. He opened his mouth to answer, but before he could say anything, Fred and George came up behind him.

"I'm surprised you haven't killed us in rage, (N/N)," Fred noted, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Why in the world would I do that?"

"Ron," George said, looking at his little brother. "Did you tell her, or is she in the dark about this?" Ron looked at the ground.

"I was about to tell her..." he said, which made me looked at Fred and George.

"What the hell did you do to my dog?!?!" I screamed at them, making Mrs. Weasley yell up again about my language. Fred and George glared at Ron, backing away from me slowly.

"It's not exactly what we did," George started.

"It's what Roxy chose to do as a result of something we did," Fred finished, taking a step down the stairs.

"Again. Where the hell is my dog?"

"We aren't sure, exactly," Fred said slowly. I stared at him in disbelief.

"What?!"

"We don't kn-"

"I know what you said! But... how did you even...?" I tried to finish the sentence, but I just broke down. Roxy was one of the only things left from the good years of my life, she wore one of the last things my dad got me, and she was my best friend, better than Ron. It just hurt that the people I thought I could trust let me down.