Alternate Ending 2

Written by http://www.quotev.com/BeachSista

(No fiance here either)
~A couple years later~

It was a fairly warm mid-morning, and I had just opened the door to a familiar shop listening to its bright bell sound. "Sorry we're closed." A voice called from somewhere deep within the shop. "Awe it's closed to your favorite customer? I'm offended." I called back with a light giggle on my lips. I heard a few surprised gasps, and what I assumed was a crash or maybe a clatter here and there before a tuft of ginger locks peeked down at me from the top floor. "Hey there (Y/N)!" George called down to me with a grin. I smiled back, and waved curtly to him making my way over to the stairs so I could hug him. "NO!" he yelped suddenly.

He rushed to the stairs before finally tumbling down like the klutz he had become. "Ow..." he groaned rubbing his head. I sighed softly through my partially parted lips at the male laying in a heap at my feet, and finally helped him up from the floor. "Oi George what am I going to do with you?" I asked shaking my head in amusement. He smiled brightly at me, and pulled a small, brown plastic box from his jacket pocket. "Happy Birthday (Y/N)." He stated grinning cheekily at me.

I took the gift from his pale hands, and giggled once more at the thought. "You didn't need to George..." I started slowly, but he cut me off. "Oh but I did! Hurry up, and open it (Y/N), we aren't getting any younger." He grumbled half-heartedly. His eyes were bright with excitement like a young child on Christmas so I obliged to his demand, and opened the box. I stared at the sparkling gold coins laying in the bottom of the box confused. "Money? What are you buying me for the day?" I asked suppressing my laughter. "(Y/N)... You and I both know you are worth more than some pocket change." He said matter-of-fact. I nodded my head in agreement, and smirked at him as he gave me a dead serious look. "And don't you forget it bub." I laughed out. He joined me in fits of laughter before he turned me towards the glass door once again. "I love you (Y/N), but we are having the party here, and well we haven't quite finished the setup. So go buy yourself something nice, and be back in about an hour. Also if you see Harry and Ginny feel free to drag them back by their toes." George grinned pushing me out of the shop rather quickly.

I frowned softly, and shook my head looking around the busy streets of Diagon Alley. So much seemed to be going on at once... Some repairs were still being made, people were restocking on supplies or buying school supplies, but for the most part life seemed to return to the way it was before Voldemort's reign of terror... Actually to be honest life seems better than it was before.

I smiled brightly to myself, and shoved the loose change into my pocket making my way down the main road. "You know what would make this birthday wonderful?" I asked out loud. I opened my mouth to answer my question, but was quickly cut off. "Seeing my wonderful face? Well here you go." A rather husky voice stated playfully. I turned around, and laughed loudly seeing Neville with a goofy lopsided grin plastered to his face. "That was so out of character even for you, Neville." I admitted hugging the male in question. He laughed nervously returning my hug then pushed me out to arm's length. "Yea... I was coming because I got invited to a party, but it appears the birthday girl is running off." He stated looking me up and down questioningly. I sighed softly, and shook my head at his assumption of my leaving the shop. "No... George basically kicked me out, because they weren't ready for me. So I was going to find Harry, and Ginny instead." I explained quickly.

He smiled his usual shy smile, and pointed down towards Ollivanders' wand shop. "They are at Ollivander's. It's kind of busy down there right now though." He explained with a chuckle. I gave a curt nod in response, and we made our way down to the wand shop. "(Y/N)!" a voice called as we walked in. I smiled, and hugged yet another Weasley. "Hello Ginny..." I mumbled softly. It took some time, but Ginny and I had finally repaired at least a portion of our friendship which made me happy to say the least. "Happy Birthday (Y/N)." Harry's husky voice greeted from beside his wife. "Thank you Potter." I thanked him quietly. "So what brings you here?" Ginny asked grinning like a school girl. I sighed softly at the question, and explained watching as the couple paled slightly. "We completely forgot. Well we'll head over there now, and see you in a bit (Y/N)." Ginny rambled.