Chapter 16

"This is a terrible idea."

"Don't worry, it'll work." I was pulling Draco down the hall, toward the front entrance, to carry out my beautiful plan. Seeing as Easter vacation ended in a couple days, I had to get out and get Draco to the Hogwarts Express in time. I had already gotten all his stuff into a little bag that I had put in my pocket. This was one of the times I was glad I could use magic.

"They aren't going to just let you leave."

"They will if you follow the plan."

"I'm not going to-"

"Yes you are." We turned the corner, and arrived at the entrance. There was only one guard today, a girl who looked to be only a year or two older than us.

"Hi," I said as sweetly as I could, "Having a nice day?" I smiled at her, then tried to walk past her with Draco. She stepped in front of the door.

"Where are you going?" she asked, and I looked over at Draco, a falsely sweet smile on my face.

"We've made reservations at this fancy place in Diagon Alley; it'll be our first official date." I kept the smile on my face, putting an arm around Draco and him doing the same with me. The girl rolled her eyes.

"I can't just let you leave. No one's allowed out, the place is on lockdown after what happened the other day."

"Couldn't you let us be the exception?" It was Draco's turn to try and convince the girl, and I was super close to asking him to flirt his way out of this. "My father said we'd be alright to go, just for a bit." The girl pondered about it for a moment.

"Let me just call for your father and che-"

"No!" I said, much too quickly. "What I mean by that is he's rather busy, and quite angry. You'd only anger him more, not trusting his son." She looked at me, an eyebrow raised in curiosity, then stepped aside. I smiled.

"Thank you." I pulled Draco through the doorway and shut the door behind us. "And now, we apparate to Diagon Alley." I grabbed his hand and held on tightly. We apparated away, landing in the middle of the almost empty -- well, empty by Diagon Alley standards -- pathway.

"And now to my house," I breathed, holding tight onto his hand and apparating to the place I hadn't seen in almost a year. I apparated us right into the house, in the living room. My mother and Brad were sitting on the couch, listening to Crystal, who was telling a rather stupid story about school.

They all stopped and stared when they saw me. My mum stood slowly from the couch, making her way over to me. I cowered slightly, pulling Draco closer to me, but to my surprise, she just pulled me into a tight hug.

"(Y/N), you're alright," I heard her mutter as she pulled me closer and held me tighter. I wrapped my arms right back around her, and I thought I heard her begin to cry.

"Mum, stop crying," I told her, pulling away from the tight embrace with a silly grin on my face ((IT RHYMES)). She smiled back at me, and I got a good look at her. Her normally (M/H/C) hair was grey at the roots, and her face was more sunken than usual. She had worry-lines, it seemed, and I felt terrible for doing that to her. "I'm so sorry I've been away for so long," I said, then turned to Brad and Crystal, who were still staring in shock.

"I haven't missed you two much," I admitted, giggling as I grabbed Draco's hand once more and pulled him away. "I'm going to show Draco to the guest bedroom and get him all situated, then I'll tell you guys everything." I pulled Draco along, leading him up to one of the many empty rooms in our manor. I gave him his bag with all his stuff, and he decided he wouldn't unpack, seeing as he'd only be there for 3 more days. As soon as he said that, I attacked him with a hug.