Chapter 12

"(Y/N)! Get up, you're beginning training today! You get to use thecruciatus curse on some of the prisoners! For questioning!" Bellatrix laughed maniacally and was obviously excited, leaving my room and leaving me to get up and get ready for the day. I groaned, pulling the covers over my head and laying there for a bit. But, I knew they wouldn't like waiting, so I got out of bed and got ready for the day.

After I had gotten dressed and showered and all that fantastic stuff, I went downstairs. Though I wasn't liking the plan for the day, I was eager to get it done and over with.

"I see you've decided to join us, (Y/N)," said Narcissa, who was holding a cup of tea. I nodded, moving over to my seat at the table.

"I'm sorry, I was rather tired when Bellatrix came in and woke me up," I explained, pouring myself some orange juice. "I heard I was starting training today. Cruciatus on prisoners?" I raised an eyebrow, taking a drink of my orange juice. It tasted funny, you know how orange juice tastes after you brush your teeth ((Fun fact about that, the toothpaste has a foaming agent that alters your sweet tasting taste buds)), but I continued drinking it.

"Yes, the Dark Lord has decided it would be best to start you out with something of that caliber," Lucius told me, taking a drink of something I decided long ago was probably coffee. "He seems to think you'd be an ideal interrogator, because of your quick wit and stubborn personality." I almost rolled my eyes at this. Of course I would be an ideal interrogator, but I'd rather do it without having to use a curse that tortured a person.

"And what exactly do I ask these people?" I asked, setting my now empty glass down.

"About the Order of the Phoenix, the whereabouts of Potter, things like that," Draco told me from across the table. "It's quite simple, on your part. Just ask and curse, ask and curse."

"Oh, you can curse much more than that," Bellatrix said. "I'd suggest curse ask curse, curse ask curse, and throw in more curses along the way." She said this with an insane-like smile, and I shivered.

"Thank you for the advice. I'll have someone in there with me, I hope?"

"Naturally, my sister will be in there with you...." Narcissa trailed off and gave me an almost sympathetic look. I nodded and stood.

"I'm not very hungry. Are you ready to start, Bellatrix?" She nodded enthusiastically, and stood, pulling me by the arm out of the room. On the way there, she explained to me the ins and outs of interrogation. I was allowed to use her knife if I felt it was necessary, apparently, but I wasn't to make a huge mess. I was also allowed to kill them, if I felt they didn't have a sufficient amount of information or if I got all the information out of them. I was only allowed to ask questions related to the topic I was interrogating on, and I was to show no mercy.

This should be fun.

The first person I was interrogating was a young man, maybe around 23. He was, apparently, caught helping the Order and had information on their whereabouts.

"Do you know where the Order is?" I started, holding my wand out in front of me, trying to look as threatening as I could.

"No," he answered, not looking up at me. I glanced to Bellatrix, and she nodded her head.

"Crucio," I said, and winced as the spell hit the man and he screamed, obviously feeling excruciating pain. "Let me rephrase that. Where is the Order?" I asked, more firmly than before. The man had tears coming from his eyes, and I felt terrible.

"I... don't know...." he said through gasps and screams.

"Crucio," I said once more, and the man screamed again. "What information do you have on the Order, then?"

"None," he managed to get out, and I cringed. I was doing this to him. I was torturing him, causing him pain so extreme he could barely get out a single word.

"Give her the information, Mudblood!" Bellatrix screeched, and she tossed me a knife. Luckily, I caught the handle, but I had no idea what it was even for. "Write 'Mudblood' or 'Traitor' on his arm," she demanded, and I moved the knife from hand to hand.

"Is that necessary?" I asked her, and she shot me a dirty look. I put my wand back into my pocket and knelt down next to the man. I grabbed his arm and held the knife to it. "If you move, I'll slit your throat, not that you'd care," I whispered to him. I quickly sliced the letters 'T', 'R', 'A', 'I', 'T', 'O', and 'R' onto his arm, then stood up, throwing the knife aside. "Do you feel like telling me now?" I asked.

"I don't have any information for you!" he sobbed. Great, I thought. I brought a grown man to tears. I looked at Bellatrix.

"Finish him off!" she hissed, and I winced. I knew that was coming. I just didn't want it to be so soon.

"Don't you think I could, I don't know, shoot him with the Cruciatus curse once more?" I wondered. I really didn't want to kill him. I didn't want to end a life. I didn't want to become one of them. Bellatrix once again shot me a dirty look. I sighed, then pulled out my wand.

"I know you never got your 'Happily Ever After,'" I started, pointing my wand at the man. He looked up at me in fear, in anguish, in pain. "But," I continued, taking a step closer to him.

"Life is full of unhappy endings." I closed my eyes, holding them shut tight, not wanting to watch what was going to happen next.

"Avada Kedavra."