Chapter 17

"(Y/N), I'm so glad you're alright!" Mrs. Weasley gave me a bone-crushing hug, and I laughed.

"Mrs. Weasley, you can let go, I'll be here another day, and then I'll just be at Hogwarts." She reluctantly let go, and it was Ginny's turn to hug me.

"Hey, Ginny," I said to her, wrapping my arms around her and smiling. After Fred and George attacked me in the kitchen, they had screamed out for the family. Everyone was so surprised that I was there, and it was a heart-warming reunion.

After everyone had their share of hugs, we made our way out to the living room, where I sat down on the couch and contemplated telling them about what had happened. It seemed like they expected me to, but I wasn't sure how they would react.

"Ron's alright, if you were wondering," I told them, breaking the silence that had taken over the room. Fred and George had taken the spots next to me -- I decided I would lay on them both and bring in the homely feels, my head in Fred's lap and my feet on George's -- and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley sat on the small couch next to where we were sitting, with Ginny on the floor. They all gave me a slight nod, as though they knew.

"Where were you, (N/N)?" Fred asked quietly, and I looked up at him.

"Out."

"Out for 10 months?" George questioned, and I shrugged as best I could.

"Yes." I lifted my head from Fred's lap and swung my feet off George's, standing from the couch. "I love you all dearly, but I really need some time to myself. Maybe after all this is over, I can explain it all to you." I began to walk away, but Fred reached for my arm. He was holding onto my sleeve, and, forgetting the Dark Mark on my arm, I pulled off my jacket and turned to walk away. The only thing that stopped me was the collective gasps coming from behind me.

"What...?" I spun around before realizing what they were probably seeing. I yanked my jacket back from Fred and threw it on.

"(Y/N), what the hell was that?" George asked, and I sighed.

"What the hell did it look like?"

"A Dark Mark."

"There you go." As their eyes widened, I crossed my arms. "It isn't what you think, I swe-"

"Get out." Mrs. Weasley spoke firmly from her spot on the couch, and I stared at her in disbelief.

"Excuse me?"

"Get out of my house. I won't have a Death Eater here, endangering my family." I let my arms fall to my side, and I was shaking my head, trying to deny what she was saying.

"No, Mrs. Weasley, you don't understand, I-"

"Get out." I was done with untrusting people. I needed to get Mrs. Weasley, all the Weasleys, back on my side. I was done betraying people.

"If you'd just let me explain, please."

"She said no, (Y/N)," Ginny said sadly, and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I came here for shelter, for a safe place to stay until I went back to Hogwarts. I thought you would understand, you would trust me." I opened my eyes, looking directly at Mrs. Weasley. "You are all the only family I have left! I just watched Death Eaters kill my mother, right in front of me! How do you think that I feel?" I wiped a tear from my eye. "I should have gone with Draco."

Spinning on my heel, I walked out of the living room and toward the front door. I heard multiple pairs of feet following after me, and before I left, I looked over my shoulder. "Do any of you know where Blaise Zabini lives?" None of them answered, so I walked out of the house and apparated to London.

The Hogwarts Express was leaving in a couple minutes, and I was still searching the station for Draco. I eventually gave up and boarded the train, sitting in an empty compartment and waiting for the train to leave. As soon as the train left the station, I moved out of my empty compartment and went back to where the Slytherin Crew always sat. I assumed Draco would be there.

I assumed correct.

He was sitting with Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. I walked over to them, sliding into the empty spot next to him. As soon as Pansy spotted me, she spat, "Mudblood."

I countered with a quick, "Get your facts straight, bitch." Then I turned to Draco. "Look, I need to talk to you." Draco nodded.

"Alright, what is it?"

"Not here," I hissed, letting my eyes wander to Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle, though it was only for a moment. He sighed before standing, gently pushing me away from where the Slytherin Crew was sitting.

"You can't be serious. You're going to talk with her?" Blaise called after us in disbelief, and I couldn't help but smirk.

I pulled Draco into an empty compartment, and as soon as the door was closed, I pulled him closer to me and pressed my lips to his. He responded by wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

After however long, I pulled away slightly. "They saw it," I mumbled, and he stared down at me.

"Your mark?"

"They saw it, and they wouldn't even listen to me." My voice cracked, like I was about to cry. I bit my lip to keep the sobs from coming out. Draco wrapped his arms around me comfortingly.

"Shh, it'll be alright, Lioness." His hug was warm, and reassuring, but I still felt empty. "After all this is over, you can explain, they'll be sure to listen."

"After all this is over, I'll be thrown in Azkaban!" I whisper-shouted at him, shaking my head. My (H/C) hair was falling in my face, and Draco tucked it behind my ear.

"No, you won't. Come on, let's go back." He turned to the door, sliding it open.

"Because the Slytherin Crew will be so happy to see me," I said under my breath. He looked at me, a "Huh?" look on his face. "Nothing," I said, walking out ahead of him.

We walked back to the part of the train where they were sitting, and Draco slid back into his seat, pulling me down as well. Pansy shot me a look of anger, or jealousy, or a mixture of the two. Blaise raised a curious eyebrow, and Crabbe and Goyle looked at me in disgust.

"Did you know I'm a half-blood now?" I told them, which earned me a couple eyerolls. "I've actually been a half-blood this whole time. My father was a Slytherin, one of the best, apparently." That got their attention. Draco nudged me.

"What are you doing, Lioness?" he whispered to me, and I grinned.

"Just watch. The show's about to begin."