Chapter 9

And then I was back at school.

Break seemed to go by quicker than usual, but that was probably only because of all the stuff that had happened.

And the school year went by even quicker than break. Soon, I was back at the manor, sitting up in my room all day, or walking around the grounds. I found out that the Weasleys had found Roxy, but she was very badly injured, and we thought it better to take her to a vet so they could put her down. And then I was a dogless, best-friendless girl stuck in her hot room in the middle of summer. I had been talking with Ron a lot (we got over the Christmas thing, eventually. We talked about it and realized that it wasn't exactly lovey-dovey love we felt towards each other), and he had kind of sort of told me about his, Harry, and Hermione's plan to go after the horcruxes (I looked them up, and how horrible!). I opposed of them going on such a dangerous trip, but of course they didn't care what I thought.

So, I was currently walking on the manor grounds, looking through the garden, just enjoying the nice, not-too-hot weather. After about an hour, I made my way back through the maze of flowers and to the entrance of the garden.

Where Draco was standing, waiting. I honestly didn't care he was there, obviously because I like him, but I cared as to why he was there. I walked over to him with a questioning look on my face, and asked him. I actually felt really comfortable with him now. Over the last few months of school, we had really gotten to be friends. Not close friends or anything, just friends. But it was still pretty cool, considering I'm Muggleborn and he's him.

"Lioness, I'm here for a reason, obviously. I need you to come with me."

"With you where?" I was questioning his actions because, like I said before, just friends.

"That doesn't really matter, does it?"

"Oh, but it does, Malfoy." He sighed, and moved closer to me.

"Look," he said in a tone that was barely louder than a whisper. "I have orders to bring you to my manor-"

"Like hell I'll go there!"

"Shut up and listen, (L/N)! I have orders to bring you to my manor for the Dark Lord. And I don't want to force you there. So if you'll just come along willingly, that'd be gre-"

"The Dark Lord??" I began to back away from him, shaking my head. "No. No, no, no. I am not going to see that fiend, that demon, that spawn of satan!" Draco walked toward me, matching my every movement away from him.

"Look, it would be easier for the both of us if you come along willingly, and they would probably treat you better-"

"I said no, damn it!" I spun around and began to run, but Draco caught up to me and grabbed my around the waist, holding me so I couldn't escape. The closeness, him holding me, it made my heart beat faster, but I ignored it due to the fact I was being kidnapped. I tried to squirm out of his grip. "Let me go!"

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way," he whispered harshly into my ear, and I shuddered.

"Hard way sounds more like it," I spat back, still struggling in his grip. I could hear him muttering an apology before gripping me tighter and apparating off the grounds.

We arrived right outside a huge manor. It was bigger than ours for sure, and there were so. Many. Death Eaters. Draco had lifted me off the ground by now, and he was carrying me to the house. I kept trying to get loose, but he was holding on tight. "Malfoy, let go, dammit," I kept muttering, but he was obviously ignoring me. We made it to the front door, and Draco knocked. The door swung open, and a man I assumed was his dad stepped out.

"Draco," he said. "You have the girl. Come on, inside." Draco's father stepped aside, and Draco walked in. "He's in the parlour," the man said, and Draco began to head toward the left. I had to remember every turn, in case I needed to escape.

Two lefts, three rights, and 52 steps later, we made it to the room I assume was the parlour. He set me down and pushed me in, and followed after my stumbling form. As soon as I regained my balance, I looked to see who was in the room. A woman with dark, frizzy hair and a crazy look in her eyes, Draco, and the man who I knew was Voldemort. He looked at me almost distastefully, then looked at Draco.

"Good job, Draco. Would you like to stay for this?" His voice, Voldemort's voice, was smooth but raspy, inviting but frightening, and I wanted to bolt. But I stayed put, looking at him with a bold face on.

"Yes, sir," Draco replied, walking over to stand by the woman. I stared at them all for a minute before speaking.

"And what is this? Why am I here?" Voldemort looked at me, an amused look on his face.

"Your father," he started, and I gripped my wrist.

"Yes, and what about him?"

"Do you know anything about him?" I laughed at this question: How stupid!

"Yes, of course I do," I said after I had composed myself. "He's my father!"

"So, you are aware of his position in the first war?" I raised an eyebrow.

"My father was a Muggle, he wouldn't have been in the war." It was Voldemort's turn to laugh.

"Your father, a Muggle? Girl, if your father was a Muggle you would be lying on the floor, dead." I stared at him, shocked at this new discovery. Was my father really a wizard?

"When I heard that my loyal servant (D/N) (L/N) had not only one, but two children, I couldn't help but figure they would be useful to me. But he betrayed me, and I had no choice but to dispose of him. You were supposed to go, as well, dear (F/N), but unfortunately, you were not in the car with him that day.

"Your father was a Slytherin, a Pureblood, and a Death Eater as well. The very best. He was strategic, smart, agile, a great spellcaster, and loyal. Everything I needed. I recruited him, and he was one of my top men. But one day in 1975, that wretched man had a son. With a Muggle. He went into hiding, knowing I would be furious, and I was. Then that stupid boy Potter was born, and I disappeared, it seemed, for a long time. But I heard things. And I found out that early in the September of 1980, he had a girl.

"I tried to have you, all of you, killed off, but only your brother and father were in the car. And you survived. But, I found out from my Death Eaters that you are a intelligent, athletic, feisty witch. I want you."

It took me a moment to process everything he had said. 'I want you,' kept echoing in my head, and I couldn't think straight.

"Of course, if you deny, not only will you be tortured, but your friends and family will be, also." That threat against my friends, against my family, that was the changing point for me. Sure, I didn't particularly like Brad and Crystal, but do I really want them to get tortured because of me? And Ron.... God, I couldn't imagine what I would do if Ron was brought here, given a horrible fate all because of me.

I looked to Voldemort.

"Alright. I'll become one of your little minions."