Chapter 15

(( Note, most of this chapter is from chapter 23 of Deathly Hallows, and is not my work. ))

"Is it? Come on, (Y/N), I know you know if it is Potter or not." I was standing in front of Harry, looking closely at his face, pretending to examine his face.

"I can't be sure," I muttered, just as I had heard Draco say.

"Try harder!" Lucius was coaxing me, maybe more than he had Draco. I just took a step back and shook my head.

"I'm sorry, but I don-"

"What is that?" Bellatrix asked one of the Snatchers suddenly.

"Sword," he grunted back.

"Give it to me."

"It's not yorn, missus, it's mine, I reckon I found it." I watched as Bellatrix suddenly Stunned the Snatcher with his sword. Scabior drew his wand, asking Bellatrix what she was doing, but Bellatrix showed no mercy, Stunning every Snatcher except Greyback, who she forced into a kneeling position, his arms outstretched. She grabbed the sword from the werewolf, standing over him with a menacing look on her face.

"Where did you get this sword?" she hissed.

"How dare you?" Greyback snarled. "Release me, woman!"

"Where did you find this sword? Snape sent it to my vault in Gringotts!"

"It was in their tent," replied Greyback. "Release me, I say!" Bellatrix waved her wand and turned to Draco.

"Draco, move this scum outside," she told him, referring to the unconscious Snatchers. "If you haven't got the guts to finish them, then leave them in the courtyard for me."

"Don't you dare speak to Draco like-" Narcissa spoke angrily to her sister, but Bellatrix screamed.

"Be quiet! This situation is graver than you can possibly imagine, Cissy! We have a very serious problem!" I had walked backward to Draco by now, trying to get as far from Bellatrix as possible. He had to gently support me, as I was getting pretty freaked out by his aunt's crazy outburst. The conversation went on, and Narcissa ordered Greyback to take Ron, Harry and Hermione to the cellar.

"Wait," Bellatrix interjected, "All except... except for the Mudblood."

"No!" Ron shouted. "You can have me, keep me!" Bellatrix hit him across the face, and I gasped quietly.

"If she dies under questioning, I'll take you next," Bellatrix replied, and pulled out her little knife. How I hated that knife. She cut Hermione free from the others and dragged her to the middle of the room by her hair. Draco was pulling me out of the room, and I wasn't stopping him. I didn't want to see this.

As soon as we left the room, I heard a terrible, drawn-out scream from the room.

"Oh my gosh," I muttered, and Draco hugged me gently.

"They'll be fine," he told me, resting his chin on the top of my head as I buried my face in his shoulder.

"Do you hear Hermione? I've seen what the Cruciatus does to people." Draco pulled away from me, holding my shoulders and looking me directly in the eyes.

"I'm going to go back in there, but I want you to stay out here and away from that, alright? I'm afraid you'll fall apart if you're watching." He leaned down and gave me a quick peck, then scurried back into the room, toward Hermione's horrifying screams.

I stood in the hall, slowly breathing and thinking about what was happening. I could sneak down to the cellar and talk to Ron and Harry, and Luna, Dean, Ollivander and Griphook as well. I decided that that was what I was going to do, and I hurried down the hall to the cellar door. As I walked, I heard voices shushing and saw lights going out. As soon as I reached the bottom, someone came rushing at me.

"(N/N), have they Obliviated you?" I heard Ron whisper, and I saw that his face was wet.

"No," I answered, shaking my head slightly. Ron pulled away from me. "I remember everything, and I'm sure it's not some made-up past." Hermione screamed again, and Ron turned away from me, letting another tear fall.

"Leave, (Y/N)," he whimpered, and I sighed.

"Best of luck, Harry and Ron. Luna, if you wouldn't mind, could you them everything?" I saw Luna nod in the darkness, and I turned to leave. Someone opened the door to the cellar, so I pressed myself against the wall. I sighed with relief as I heard it was only Draco.

"Stand back. Line up against the back wall. Don't try anything, or I'll kill you!" His voice was shaky and he held his wand out in front of him as he marched in. He grabbed the goblin in the cellar, Griphook, and back out, dragging Griphook with him. I followed behind.

"What are you doing?" I asked as we made our way up the steps. He turned to see me, shaking his head.

"You shouldn't have been down there, Lioness," he muttered, leaving me to figure out myself what they needed Griphook for. I walked with him into the room, but no one took notice of me.

When Bellatrix got to questioning Griphook about the sword, I was ready to leave this place. It was terrible what she was doing.

"Well?" she had demanded. "Is it the true sword?"

"No," Griphook replied. "It is a fake."

"Are you sure? Quite sure?"

"Yes," answered Griphook.

"Good." She flicked her wand causally, slashing a deep cut into his face. She kicked him aside, then exclaiming, "And now, we call the Dark Lord!" She pushed back her sleeve and pressed her finger to the Dark Mark, identical to the one on my wrist/forearm

"And I think we can dispose of the Mudblood," Bellatrix said lazily, stepping over Hermione's limp body. "Greyback, take her if you want her."

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!" Ron bursted into the drawing room, shouting, "Expelliarmus!" as Bellatrix pointed her wand at him. Everyone was shooting spells at Harry and Ron, and I, unfortunately, had to join them. Shooting a couple Stunning and Disarming spells, I missed both of them. Lucius was hit by one of Harry's Stunning spells, though, and was collapsed.

"STOP OR SHE DIES!" Bellatrix suddenly exclaimed, holding an unconscious Hermione, her little silver knife up against her knife. "Drop your wands. Drop them, or we'll see exactly how filthy her blood is!" Ron and Harry held fast onto their wands.

"I said drop them!" she screamed, and pressed the knife into Hermione's throat.

"All right!" Harry shouted, and dropped the wand, Ron dropping his.

"Good! Draco, pick them up! The Dark Lord is coming, Harry Potter! Your death approaches!" Draco walked over and picked up the wands, bringing them gently back to his aunt. I bit my lip, watching the drama unfold before me. I still clutched my wand, pointing it at Ron, not looking him in the eyes.

Suddenly, a grinding noise was heard from above. Everyone looked up at the chandelier, which trembled slightly before falling. Bellatrix, who was beneath it, dropped Hermione and threw herself aside. It crashed to the floor on top of Hermione and Griphook. Crystal shards flew everywhere, and Draco's hands covered his bloodied face.

Narcissa began shouting at Dobby, who had apparently dropped the chandelier, and Ron ran to Hermione.

"Ron, catch - and GO!" Harry yelled, throwing one of the wands to Ron. He bent down to tug Griphook out of the wreckage. He grabbed Dobby's hand and suddenly, they disapparated. Bellatrix threw her knife, and it disapparated with them. I grabbed Draco and pulled him out of the room and to the kitchen.

"Your face... are you alright?" I asked quietly, getting out a cloth to help him clean his face up. He nodded, pulling his blood covered hands from his face.

"Yes... I'm fine, don't worry," he told me, and it was my turn to nod. As I leaned over and cleaned his face with the cool, damp cloth, I whispered in his ear.

"How soon do you think you can get me out of here?"