Chapter 3 - Messing Around

School is supposed to be for learning.. but not with my friends and I,  school for us is like the place where all of us get a vacation and we get to relax, only in 5th period though because that's when we're all together. Around now it is after Thanksgiving break and it's about to start December and around this time of the year, teachers will bring up something absolutely DREADFUL....exams. You have exams in every single class and it is one of the most stressful things any student in high school has to deal with. 

During first period, Kayla and I weren't paying attention (not a shock) and I had an idea, I whispered "What if I come over and we study for these exams?" Kayla looks back at me "DUH!" she says loud enough to interrupt Mr. Blankenship, and everyone looked at us. "Excuse me?" Mr. Blankenship asks looking over at Kayla, "Erm.... I was just agreeing with what you said.." Kayla replied, face bright red. Mr. Blankenship nodded awkwardly and continued on with his lesson. Kayla looked back at me and gave me that 'Im going to kill you' face. "So is that a yes for after school?" I whisper trying to act like i'm paying attention, "If you're not dead" Kayla teases and winks at me.

The next few periods went smoothly, but nothing I would want to talk about because you would probably fall asleep so lets move on to my favorite period, shall we?

I walk out of the band room and into the commons (What we call the cafeteria) I walk up behind Kayla then cover her eyes and whisper "guess who?" Kayla turns around and I uncover her eyes she gives me a smile and pushes Marc out of his seat so I can sit next to her,  "GO GET MY COOKIES YOU WHORE" Kayla screeches at Marc and gives him money. Marc frowns and goes to get cookies and I sit next to Kayla. Brian looks over at Kayla screeching and he meets my gaze, we stare at each other for a second before I look away trying not to blush. Kayla grabs my arm and pulls me outside and everyone follows. "So, what do you wanna do after school?" Kayla asks with a smile on her face, her smile is adorable. "Chill I guess, we probably won't study" I laugh, "OH CAN I COME?!" Luke yells and Kayla laughs "Nah..." She says calmly then chuckles. Andy and George start throwing water bottles around and ones explodes right by my knee and sprays Kayla and I, we both turn around and glare at the both of them as they stand there acting normal like they didn't do anything. "EXCUSE ME?????? YOU JUST GOT US WET" Kayla screamed then started blushing cause she realized what she said. Everyone started laughing and George said "We know you guys like getting wet." Kayla goes over to George and smacks him then goes over to Marc and takes her cookies. Anna comes and sits by us and starts talking about hentai. I move over to one of the other benches and lay down because I was tired, Kayla and Anna follow and sit on my back which doesn't bother me because it makes my back feel better. Brian walks over and just stares for a second with a confused then amused look on his face "So...can I join?" He teases and I roll my eyes. Just then Kayla hits my back and whispers "Look who's out here!" I sit up and look over and I see Ryun and a few of his friends standing there. Ryun doesn't have this lunch period so he must've been skipping his class. Oh well.

Kayla stands up and pulls me up with her. "Do I look okay ?'she asks nervously, I reply "you look great  as usual" I smile and realize he's looking at Kayla. Ryun's friends weren't paying attention to Ryun so he was standing there by himself so I decided to push Kayla toward Ryun and run away. Before she could realize what happened I was hiding by a wall far from her. From what I can tell she was blushing and he was staring at her with a little smile. I'm trying to focus on them when Brian comes up behind me and whispers "Boo" in my ear and I feel my face turn red. I turn around and smile and he smiles back. I turn back around and watch and I can see she's looking for me but she can't find me so she's blushing even more. Ryun walks over to and says "are you alright?" her face gets even redder and I start to giggle. "U-um... I'm fine... I'm just looking for Maddie because when I see her I am going to kill her!!" She says pissed off. Ryun chuckles and points in my direction "She's hiding over there." Kayla turns toward me and glares at me, I hide behind Brian and he says "What're you doing?" Kayla runs over to me but Ryun grabs her arm "Don't worry about it.. You can stay with me, my friends left me too" He giggles and sits down. Kayla sits next to him and from what I can see they're having a conversation.

Brian turns toward me and hugs me, his hugs are honestly amazing. I would never tell him that though because i'm way to shy, but when i'm with him I feel like nothing else matters. He lets go and smiles at me again, I could tell he was nervous but so was I so I didn't know what else to say. Just as I was going to say something George, Anna, and Andy come around the corner and scream "DEEEEEEZZZZ NUTTTTTSSS" really loud. I roll my eyes and ignore them, they can honestly be so immature sometimes but who isn't? It doesn't bother that much cause they're my friends and I love them to death. They run away laughing and Brian says to me "They're special aren't they?" I nod and smile "I love them though." He giggles and I peak over to Ryun and Kayla, they seem deep in conversation and Kayla is smiling so much, not to mention her face is bright bright red. The bell rings soon after and Brian and I walk over to Kayla and she runs over to me "He is so amazing!!!! But i'm still mad at you for leaving me like an idiot" She says and punches my arm softly. 

The rest of my classes went smoothly, just going over things for exams and other random stuff like that.

At the end of the day Kayla finds me and we walk outside together. Brian comes up to me and hugs me like he usually does, Kayla looks for Ryun on his bus and watches him without him looking. When all the buses leave Kayla and I start walking to her house since she lives pretty close to the school. After walking in the cold wind for like 20 minutes we finally arrive at Kayla's house. We walk inside and I see her little brother, he's so adorable. He was playing with his BOP IT, I was watching him play while I was waiting for Kayla to change. Kayla came out and said "What should we study first?" I pull out English and so does she. We start copying down notes on our review sheet, Kayla's brother is still playing with his "Bop it" I'm paying attention to that while writing. The "Bop It' says Bop it! but as soon as it does Kayla's cat meows. I start laughing and Kayla looks at me weird before asking "What the hell are you laughing at?" I try to stop laughing then I finally say "When it said Bop It! your cat meowed right after" I start laughing again and so does she. We slowly start to stop doing our work and eventually we're goofing around. "Ryun has such pretty eyes!" Kayla exclaims and smiles wide. "We talked about how the music we both like and everything else we like! It was so amazing.. I've never felt this way before!!" I smile "Im glad, I did that for a reason, I wanted ya'll to talk and It worked!!" She smiles "Wanna go jump on the trampoline?" I nod 

When we get outside Kayla gets on the trampoline and so do I. "ITS SO COLD!" I cry and Kayla starts jumping "Oh well!" She giggles. As soon as she starts jumping I fall because I wasn't ready, she laughs and I get up then start jumping with her, I then fall again because of how clumsy I am, after that we go inside and eat cereal, watch Danisnotonfire and play UNO. It was so fun. Eventually my dad comes to pick me up from her house and I realize we did nothing but play around, which is fine with me.. Work is boring anyway. She makes everything funner because we get along so well. 

"Ill see you tomorrow!" Kayla yells 

"See ya!!!!" I reply with a smile.