12 Disaster

They'd just landed with the rocket on the right planet, this time. The trip had been horrible. Everything everyone was talking about was how unlucky they was and how glad they were that someone had gone searching for them but how weird the list was. Loah's theory was that they'd love to leave them and that the only thing that made them change their minds was that they needed workers who could help them with the most boring and slavish jobs. But still, it would be offered a lot more food, that was eatable, and a civilisation was already built. Hopefully this would give her a chance to learn more about these people and not just to get into the working branch. Hopefully. The only problem was that all her odds wasn't really on her side.

Everyone stood up, ready to get out to the air. The only thing they waited on was for the doors to open up.
"It seems like we've been tricked." Someone said from somewhere, "why didn't we just stay where we were?" It got clear for Loah that the one who was speaking, was one of the former leaders. She wasn't the only one to ignore it.
"Well, we all know we would have died back there and everyone was willing to do this. Please don't complain, they'll open the doors at any second." Someone else, who sounded much alike Civly, obviously believed in her old people. And the doors opened. Not for anyone saw it but a loud noise appeared in the air. Everyone wanted to come out but it wasn't easy when everyone was pushing those in front of them, in all directions. Loah stood out of the mess, she knew everyone would get out once. Or at least she thought she knew.
"Get back! They want to kill us." One of the first settlers quickly changed attitude when he saw the machine guns that their military held pointed at them. Quickly everyone changed direction and headed back to the rocket. But as when they tried to get out, it was the same trouble this time. The shouting voices, screams of help, made Loah's ears crack. But soon she realised something louder. It vibrated in the air, so powerful that she fell. The military had shot someone from their own people. All and everyone fell forward, but not everyone got hit. No more noise after that. Everything was quiet. It was some kind of a silent quietness that you couldn't put words on. When people realised who got hit by the bullet, they also realised what they had turned into, selfish monsters. And all of that had led to that they'd lost someone. Tears fell down on the innocent civilians skin and with their heads down they got out of the rocket.