Soul x Reader x Kid part 4

Kid (obviously) picks you up at 8. You were both in casual attire. You slid in the back of his car as some strange man without a face started to drive. Kid and you talk about everything from basket-ball to school, then back again. As you reach the museum, the man without the face disappears. You're so confused by this you don't notice Kid's already opened your door. You slide out. Kid's got a happy smile on his face.

The museum is brown with matching torches on the left and right, and big heavy double doors. Kid easily opens hem, and you step inside. There's only one other couple here, and it's a elder lady and what you think to be her husband. Both look at least 80.

You find yourself having a great time. Kid cracks jokes you didn't even know was possible with his mean demeanor. As you reach the end of the museum, you find yourself disappointed. Kid leaned over the lost and found.

You look at him. "I didn't lose anything. Did you?"

Kid laughed. "You lost more than you thought."

Cosmetics, sunglasses, your wallet, your watch, all stuff from your purse. "Wait a minute, my watch? I was wearing it and never took it off. What's going on?"

Death the Kid didn't say anything. You're thinking about what just happened as you slide into the back of the car when you realize that the old lady and man didn't come in a car. And they were both using walkers.

Kid looks at you. "The wind ruffled your hair. You're not symmetrical anymore." He fluffs it and smiles. "Perfect."

You laugh and roll your eyes. " 'Cause I would have died without that being fixed."

"Exactly."

Kid walks you up to Maka and Soul's apartment. You turn to face him- to say goodbye- when his lips meet yours. Your first kiss. Curiosity and a little personality. It moves sweetly across your lips, and then it isn't. "Goodnight Kid."

" 'Night _."

As you lie in bed that night you think about what just happened. And then you think about Soul.

"Hey _! Wait up!"

You turn. "What is it Soul?"

"I'm visiting my parents tonight and because my brother Wes has a girlfriend they figure I do too. I need you to cover for me."

You smile. "Yeah, I can do that."

This date you're dressed better. Heels and a red dress. Soul picks you up on his motorcycle in a suit. You put your hands around his waist and pull him close. You need as much support as possible.

You can't talk on the motorcycle because of the noise. But you're still having fun, whizzing past normal objects. But you're shocked even more when you see Soul's mother and father's house. It's more of a mansion really, with long dazzling curtains hanging on every window. As you slide into the drive, a boy a bit older than Soul waves. Wes. He looked about 17. You wave back and he smiles. Then he runs down to come and greet you. He shakes your hand then picks Soul up.

"WHAT THE HELL DUDE? PUT ME DOWN! THIS ISN'T COOL WES, NOT COOL AT ALL! PUT ME DOWN!" Soul yells at Wes.

You laugh with Wes. As he puts Soul down, he turns to you. "Wes. And you're?"

"_. My name is_."

Wes sighed and turned to Soul. "Not much spunk. Does she at least play any instruments?"

"Guitar, flute, piano, and the harmonica." You intercept.

"Just say Flute from now on." Soul tells you.

"Flute from now on."

Soul gave you a look. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Flute." You say.

Wes laughs. "I thought your girlfriend was going to be boring- I guess I've been pleasently surprised. Come on. Lacie is inside, plus Mom and Dad are making dinner. Granny isn't here yet. Sounds like she'll come later. _______,the best thing to do when you meet our parents is to play up to being a smart student focusing on music. Everything else will come naturally from there." 

With a secret smile to you he walks back inside, leaving you and Soul standing by the bike. You look at him. "Why is it so important to act amazingly in art? And why did Wes warn me about it?"

Soul gave you a side glance. "Mom plays all different types of brass. Dad plays the drums. My little sister Mia plays guitar and the harmonica. Wes is a violinist. We all have our instruments and we all excel in them. We recently lost our flutest in a divorce, so you coming along is quite handy actually. As for Wes, it's only common courtesy to warn you about how you'll be judged."

You sigh. "Great. I'm being judged."

He gives you a small smile. "It'll be fine. Just be youself, and amplify how intrested you are in your instrument."

You breath in slowly. "Ok. I can do this. Let's go."

You take his hand, already playing up to the whole couple scene. The together, you open the doors and go inside.