Soul x Reader x Kid part 14

Sorry for the sucky chapter... I hope I got my point across. This is it! After this I write what happens if you choose Kid, if you choose, Soul, or if you can't choose between them.

A large BOOM! Shook the classroom. Davis's hand reached upwards and you fell into it as a weapon.

The two of you ran through the halls to the source of the noise- the entrance of the DWMA. You watched Athena push to the front of the circular crowd. She groaned and sent an all clear sign to all the students. As you landed stably on your feet, you looked over everyone's shoulders to see Black*Star in a crater. You groaned and turned. Another rumble shook the ground. And this one wasn't from Black*Star.

"All Staff, Students and reapers are needed for a meeting in the Death Room." Shinigami-sama's voice echoed.

Davis grabbed your arm so you two didn't get separated in the chaotic crowd. 

"What's up with this?" Said a familiar voice. Soul. "Anyways, remember when you said you wanted to come to my beach house? Well, we're leaving tomorrow. You coming?"

You can only nod before the crowd pushes you two apart. As you file into the Death Room, Davis pulls you closer to him. You looked at him. Anxiety was etched all over his face. "Are you okay?" You ask quietly.

"If it's another sacrifice you're not going." He said, still looking at Lord Death.

"I know." You said/ You curiously began looking around the room. Lord Death was speaking very quickly with Doctor Stein... And Miss Marie was biting her lip next to "Death Scythe."

Finally, after an eternity, Lord Death addressed the room.

"As you all know, over the past month there have been an increasing amount of tremors at the DWMA. This is because I believe Asura is trying to resurrect himself once more." A gasp from the crowd. You stepped closer to Davis.

Lord Death waited for the commotion to die before speaking again. "He is not anywhere near completion- nor do I intend to let him come near it. And, as I was listening to our most recent tremor from him, it seems as though he is wounded."

More talking. No one knew what to think. Lord Death was growing bored with waiting for the students and just began talking again. Sure enough the crowd shushed as soon as they heard. "This is, too my belief, because of the fact we may have a One of Old within the DWMA. Perhaps, Kid, you could explain who the Ones of Old are?"

Kid stepped on stage. "The Time of Old was named after this unique clan- a clan of kishin hunters. They were around right before Father opened his school, and it was said that their wavelengths were toxic- not deadly, but toxic- to the kishins. They would use their wave length to weaken the kishin, and then take their souls. As little as two could take out a healthy kishin. But a strange disease wiped them all out - which is strange because they were supposed to be immortal- they fled from their camps but the disease followed them. Only a few survived..... we don't know where they went."

Kid quietly stepped down. Lord Death's mask crinkled in a way that could have been a smile.

"Exactly. Now, I sense the wavelength of a single One of Old, but that will do. I will simply send Kid or Athena with them. However, something Kid forgot to mention was if the One of Old was injured their powers would disappear until the cut or scar left their body. It also worked that you had to live your life normally until you had a special injury that unlocked your powers. Typically, they were very violent. I only sensed the wave length recently... has there been any serious injuries recently?"

Davis turned quickly to you, his face panicked. "Your head. That was fatal."

You shake your head. "Not me. It can't be. I'm nothing special."

He sighed.

Lord Death frowned. "No? Ok! Then get into a line!"

____________________________________________________

You were at the very back of the line- almost last. The only people behind you were Ox, Maka, Killik, Soul, Tsubaki, Davis, and Black*Star.

You stepped onto the platform with a pit in your stomach. Lord Death looked at you. His eyes saw right through you. You knew what he was going to say before he did.

"It's you."

____________________________

Davis looked at ______ from a slight distance. He couldn't hear what she was saying, but she seemed pretty upset. Kid came over and wrapped his arms around her. He could feel Soul stiffen not to far behind him. He smiled. His grin grew larger as he felt Soul loosen up when _____ brushed Kid off her shoulders. She walked out the doors and didn't look back. Kid followed only a pace behind.

Death summoned all of them up to the stage. "You can all leave. Your presence is not needed here anymore."

So they did. 

Except for Davis. "Shinigami-sama, where is _____? Is she ok?"

Lord Death looked down at Davis Sasaki. "She's going to need to live in the basement of the school until she can kill the kishin- that's a really big job. Kid's with her now. She'll be ok."

_____________________________________________________________________

"_____! Wait up!" You could hear Kid trying to catch up with you. Tears blurred your eyes and you couldn't see where you were going. As long as it was far away from the DWMA. Seeing to it as you were not a pure-blood One of Old the power skipped generations. The last person to get it was your great grandmother. And she was in no position to fight kishin.

Kid grabbed you by the shoulders and whirled you around. Seeing your teared expression, he pulled you close. "Look, I know you don't want to do it. But tomorrow we'll go into the basement together. Just you and me. We'll have a little picnic."

You open your mouth to respond when it hits you. Tomorrow I was supposed to go up to Soul's beach house. Who do I choose?

Who DO you choose?