2. Not Exactly Normal

My school wasn't exactly normal. At least, from what I had heard, angels and vampires didn't attend high schools across the country and the globe. I assumed, though, that not all non-humans attended this school. But a majority did. After all, Vietate High was built specifically for non-humans.

            Vietate High had a rich history, dating back centuries. It was built after the First Council, which handily excluded the human race. The council consisted purely of non-humans: angels, werewolves, vampires, super-humans, and witches. One from each class was invited to the First Council, and together they agreed to create a sanctuary for themselves.

            Since they lived in a world dominated by humans, the creatures felt oppressed and alienated. To counter that, they banded together to build and establish Vietate City, which became a high school as the years went by.

            Of course, the First Council had never intended for a human to live within the city walls.

            Because it had originally been a city, Vietate High covered a lot of land, more so than what you would expect. It was, indeed, roughly the size of a town in and of itself. The buildings were large; had to be to contain classrooms, arenas, and dorms designed for beings with wings and others that could phase into werewolves—and werewolves were squirrely creatures. Beyond the main buildings, coliseums, and extra land, was a cobblestone wall that stood thirty-feet high. A gate of equal height acted as a single entrance, and the only persons allowed inside were the creatures (and me, the exception).

Campus layout was simple but intimidating because of the large dormitories.

            The main building, and ironically the smallest, was the office building, in the center of campus. It held the offices for the professors, principals, nurses, and receptionists. It was the one building that had to pretend to be the most human, in case a human wandered onto campus or decided they wanted to attend the prestigious college-preparatory school.

            Humans rarely expressed interest in the Gothic-style campus, though. Having to live in dorm rooms with beings that were clearly not human didn't appeal to the masses.

              Then there were the residence halls, which circled the office building in a horseshoe shape. Each were designed with specific creatures in mind. The Pricolici building kept the witches and the werewolves, which seemed like a strange combination. But they were the most peaceful creatures that preferred to live in large communities, and so they were housed together. P building, like the rest of the halls, held classrooms, but P building had Magic-Labs. It was one of the most chaotic buildings, despite its peaceful and sociable residents.

            The Eximus building was built for the super-humans, so it more closely resembled a human residence hall. But it had a lot more open spaces, and its expansive libraries were unique.

            The Angeli building, as its name would suggest, housed the angels. It was the second largest residence hall. It was the tallest, as angels required lots of flying room, and the celestial beings preferred to fly upwards, not sideways.

            Finally, the last residence hall was the Strigoi building, for the vampires. It was the largest on campus. While it made more sense that the A building would gain that title, it went to the S building. After all, vampires were hunters at heart (specifically the Greilan) and needed enough room to hunt something. So their arenas took up the most space, in order for the vampires to track and kill some sort of prey (they were fond of rabbits and deer).

            Then there was the hospital ward. Because of accident-prone beings such as Gerard, a hospital was necessary. Injuries were almost a daily occurrence, especially since werewolves were violent, and both vampires and angels were impatient and prideful. But it was even more valuable because of the Coliseum Battles.