Chapter 6- Finding Thoughts

Dipper's POV

I followed Bill, holding his hand. Bill lead me up to the second floor of the mansion. I haven't yet had a look around the place. Something, I'll do later. Bill imminently stop, causing me to bump into him. I look around him to see a set of tall wooden doors. Bill let go of my hand and proceed towards the tall wooden doors. Bill opened the door as a thin layer of fog of dust greeted us. I wave my hand to keep the dust away from my eyes. I coughed a couple times. The fog of dust cleared up and Bill walked in. I slowly walk in after him. "Where are we?"

Bill didn't respond. I could barely see anything due to the room being so dark. I heard Bill yelp as he turn on the lights. Quickly, I thought what would Mabel do. She would probably giggle. I giggled and squinted my eyes shut. "Hey, that's not funny. I could of been electrocuted."

"That's silly," I open my eyes to see the room fairly light, "You can't die. You're a demon."

"Ya," Something about his voice concern me. I didn't say anything offense, did I? Wait. Why would I care. I shrugged off the thought and took a better look around the room.

"So, where are we?" The room had some tables with matching chairs covered with dust and cloth. The floor was also covered with dust. Almost everything is covered with dust. Except the second floor. Which was light up brightly.

"Oh nothing too special, just a library." A library? How could I not recognize the smell of books from a mile away? I didn't have any time to pack up books. I quickly walked up the small set of stairs, Bill followed me.

"Just a library? Look at all these books!" I know Mabel is not a fan of books but I couldn't help myself. But that last thing I said, really hurt my throat. I don't know how long I can keep this up. I cleared my throat and continue to focus the books around the walls.

"I know it's a little bit dusty," A little? I gave a soft stink eye to Bill. Bill seemed to get the message," Okay. A lot, but with some cleaning this whole place can be yours."

"Really?" I'm no expert when cleaning comes in. But with some dusting and mopping. I think I could retain this library's natural beauty. I grabbed a book near by and blow off some dust of it. I read the title, The Little Widow. I open to the first page. Seems interesting. I sense someone watching me. I turned to Bill, who was looking at me. He had a soft warm smile. "W-what?" I said uneasy.

"Nothing. Just I love the way your eyes get when- Never mind. Now head up to your room, You're having dinner there." Bill started to walk towards the door.

"Wait," I call out to Bill as he stop in his tracks."Thanks for, uh... the library. I appreciate it." I smiled.

Bill nodded his head and exited the room. I yawn. Maybe I'll skip Dinner. I walked out of the library and walked to my room. I collapsed on the bed. Today, was an exhausted day. Acting like Mabel is getting harder by the minute. Especially, when Bill is being nice. He's up to something. Then again, what if he is not? He hasn't done anything bad in a while. At least what I know of. But if he is up something. It won't lead to any good outcome.

"AHH!" I screamed into one of the pillows. Why is this so confusing all of the sudden. I laid there for a couple moments when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I say in Mabel's voice.

"Hey, buddy." I lift myself off the bed to see Sam.

"Oh, its you." I return to my normal voice as I take off the wig. Its been a while since I was in my own clothing. At least I got my hat. I put on my hat and sat on the bed.

"I got your dinner here." Sam placed a plate on a table.

"I'm not in the mood to eat."

"That's a bummer." Sam abandoned the dish and pulled a seat next to me by the bed.

"What's up with the new uniform?" I always wanted to ask Sam since earlier this morning. I never had the chance though. I was busy.

"Oh, this? Well, Bill found out that I was actually a boy."

"What? When? How?"

"That doesn't matter. But, I'm actually grateful that I will never be wearing a maid's outfit ever again." Sam seems really happy about this. A silence grew between us. I didn't mind it though it gave me time to think. Sam, on the other hand, seemed uneasy.

"So, what's up with you and Bill?" Sam said breaking the silence.

I was confused by his question. Me? And Bill? I tilted me head towards the right. "Excuse me?"

"Oh, come on. Are you telling me that you haven't seen the way he looks at you?"

I shook my head. I have no idea what Sam was talking about.

"Are you kidding me? Gosh Dipper, how naive can you be?"

Still having no idea, I shrugged my shoulders.

"How do I put this in terms you would understand..." Sam took a moment to think. "Bill."

I nod in an understanding way.

"Likes." Sam drew a heart in the air. "You." Sam pointed at me.

"What? Nah, theres no way. And Bill? Pff. I wouldn't date him if he was the last man on earth."

"Ouch. Don't you think that's a little harsh? He has feelings too, you know."

"Bill? And Feelings? Ya. No way. Those two things just don't go together."

Sam got up from the chair. "Dipper? Next time Bill looks at you. Look deeper. I think you'll find something there that wasn't there before." And Sam left the room.