Chapter 14- Pure and Saved (part two)

I helped Mabel to get up, once we were on Bill's lawn. I never thought to see this place again. Everything stayed the same on the outside. We started to walk for the front door. The front door looks fresh new, probably from Sam fixing it and polishing it. I open the door with care, trying not to damage Sam's work. The door made a earsplitting noise. Mabel flinched as she blocks out the sound with her hand. On the other hand, I open the door to see the lobby all cleaned up. Yesterday, the whole place was a mess.

In the distance, I could hear a voice in the distance. Sam, "Well, bless the son of a bitch, its Dipper." Sam lively says.

Sam and I both chuckled, "Let me introduce you to my twin s- "

"Mabel. Its such a pleasure to meet you. I've heard so much of you from Dipson over there. But he missed telling me how a beauty you are." Sam interrupted as he kisses Mabel's hand. Mabel made a friendly yet uncomfortable expression, "It's nice to meet you too, Sam."

I look over Sam, something is a bit off. He's a bit cheery. Maybe its because Sam is not a slave to Bill anymore and he gets to express himself for the first time in who know's when. Or something like that. Don't get me wrong, I still like Sam, but he's different. Not a wierd different. A new different.

After Sam's flirt attempts, he asks, "So, what's up? I'm pretty sure you didn't just come to visit."

"About that Sam, do we have any weaponry." I shared a quick glance with Mabel.

"Yeah, its under the west wing. Why do you ask?"

"I think I could bring back Bill to life..."

"What's weapons got to do with it?"

"I think, I could force the witch to resurrect Bill."

"I don't know Dipper. Witches are nasty bitches."

"I got to at least try, Sam. I have to do it. For Bill."

After a slient moment, Sam sighed." Okay, follow me." We follow Sam as he leads us to the west wing. We stop at the enterance. Instead of turning the door knob, Sam turns it, Revealing a secert passage way. We slowly made our way down, carefully. Sam warned us that the place could be filled with traps.

Sam showed us a varity of weapons to kill witches. Sam told us that witches are just human practing santic riutals that sometimes grant them powers. Some of them could use spells, but a resurrection one hasn't been used since the 1300's. Sam handed us a in-line Muzzleloader. He said this should be enough, but I'm not counting on it. We exited the weaponry. We said our thanks and left the lonely mansion.

Back at the Mystery Shack, Mabel and I start making a plan. The last time we encounter a witch was in a cave. So we're betting that the witch could too be hiding in a cave as well. But finding the right cave, was a bit more challanging. Who knew hunting a witch could be THIS harder. Much harder than the one we've encountered.

"Dipper, this is a dead end, we'll never find the witch like this. It's no use."

"Mabel, we got to keep trying. If there's a chance I could bring back Bill. Im taking it."

"I know. You keep working here, while I get us some snacks."

I continue to work. Or at least try, the image of Bill dissapearing, floating away from my weak arms keeps haunting me. The way the golden specks just arose to the sky in a swirl. In a swirl. Swirl. I look down at the maps we were using. I connected all the maps in 2x2 sqaure. In each map, the middle had a path going off to a different direction. East. West. North. South. They all lead to the mountains. And in the mountains, there was only one cave. That's got to be it. At least I hope. I'm taking a long shot from getting it right, espically since it was from maps. Maps we got from the Mystery Shack.