Chapter 8- Movie Night

Meanwhile in Gravity Falls,

Mabel's POV

It's been 2 days since Dipper left Gravity falls, but it feels like a century since the last time I saw him. I slowly open Dipper's bedroom's doors, his familiar smell greeted me. He's room was the same as the day he left. His messy attempt to make his bed, papers across the floor, his nightstand stacked with books, and his wall was pinned with notes. I smiled weakly as I close the bedroom doors.

I walk downstairs to the living room and sat on the worn out couch. Next to me was Dipper's journal. He must of forgotten to bring it with him, he usually brings it wherever he goes. I grab the tv remote and turn the television on. I stare blankly at the bright light television, thinking about the day Dipper left.

I happened so quick, one moment I was packing, the next I'm watching Dipper leaving gravity falls. I don't even want to think about the kind of torture Dipper has to go through. Especially when the twisted, corrupt, destructive, unpleasant, and vicious monster named Bill is in control. I thought Dipper was smart enough not to fall for Bill's tricks. Then again, I too, agreed to Bill's twisted plan. Frustrated, I got off the couch and went to find Uncle Ford. Uncle Ford has been working on a device ever since Dipper left. I open the front porch door to find Uncle Ford working on something in the front yard.

""Uncle Ford?" I call out. Uncle Ford seems to be hammering something. Uncle Stan took one more swing with the hammer, making a loud, metal sound. Uncle Ford turned around to see me, he was smiling. He looks at me as if he wanted to tell me something. I walk across the tall thick grass yard, towards Uncle Ford and the unknown machine.

"Kid, I have invented a five-dimensional space transmitter device that allows us to break our dimensional space wall to a different dimension without any harm or damage." Uncle Ford says as he presents his device to me. Having a little clue of what Uncle Ford said, I shrugged my shoulders. "Kid," Uncle Ford says in a tender voice, "We are getting your brother back."

I filled up with so much excitement that I could burst. "Let's throw a party! This calls for a celebration." I suggested cheerfully, raising my arms to the air.

Uncle Ford chuckled, "I think that's a wonderful idea."

"Ya, just think of all the cash we can earn." Grunkle Stan says as he walks up next to us. Uncle Ford and I intensely stared at Grunkle Stan. "-for charity."

Uncle Ford and I rolled our eyes as we head to the house

"Ah, come on. It's for a good cause. We could use the money to repair the Mystery Shack." Grunkle Stan continues to try to persuade us. Eventually, we gave in. Grunkle Stan can be persuasive sometimes. Times like these, I often wonder myself, Dipper is sure missing the fun.

Back in whatever you want to call it...

Dipper's POV

For the past 2 days, I've been acting like Mabel, and according to the results so far, I've been doing a pretty good job. Bill still has no clue and I intended that way. But lately, I'm starting to feel sorry for him. Based on what I've seen, Bill is lonely. He might have all the power in the world with a nice mansion, clothes, furniture, money, etc, but he doesn't seem like he has someone to share it with him. There's Sam, but I don't think he counts. I wonder if he has any family or friends, probably not. I sighed and rested my head on a pillow in the lounge room. I heard the doors opened and looked over my shoulder to see who it was.

"I got ourselves some popcorn, candy, sodas, chocolate, ice cream-- with millions of toppings to choose from--, hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pizza, and hot cocoa." Bill exclaimed energetically as floating food, snacks, and drinks followed me into the room.

"Bill," I sat up, facing towards him, "It's just a movie, all we need is some popcorn and-"

"Just a movie?" Bill interrupts me, "This will be the first movie, I watched from the century! Back then, it was only plays and dramas."

"Alright, Grandpa," I scoot over and singled Bill to seat next to me, "So what movie we will be watching?"

"I was thinking about a comedy adventure? If you don't mind."

I shook my head, "Not at all." Bill turned on the television with a snap of his fingers and the movie starts.

After thirty minutes in the movie, I felt my eyelids getting heavy. I tried my best to stay awake but couldn't help it but to rest my eyes on Bill's shoulders. To my surprise his shoulders were warm and soft. I felt a heartbeat every second. I smiled at the thought that even a demon has a heart. The fact that a demon like him could be warm, soft, and even kind fills my mind. I smiled more making my smile noticeable. I felt an arm around me. I slowly opened one of my hands to find Bill focusing on the movie while--

I shot my eyes opened and sat up. Bill removed his arm and continued to watch the movie. I felt my cheeks heating up. I haven't blushed since the first night I got here. I look at Bill who looked so safe and warm. I shook my head. I just noticed that my heart's been racing ever since. Am I developing feelings for-- NO. That's impossible I'm not gay. There's no way a guy like me and a demon like Bill could end up together. I continue to sit in silence with my own thoughts.

The past couple of days, it was fun. The flowers he gave me on the first night to Bill giving me a library of my own was fun. Sure, there was yelling and the threatening, but I think that Bill was scared. Scared of being alone again that he would do anything to keep me here. To add, Bill is a mystery that I want to solve.

I look up at television, the ending credits were starting.

"Well that was unsatisfying. The plot was poorly made and the actors acted like they were robots."

I grabbed the dvd case, "No wonder, the movie was made in the 60's." I handed the case to Bill.

Bill sighed and returned the cd to its case, "Well thanks for watching the movie with me. I appreciate it, it's been awhile where I just relaxed with someone."

We said our goodnights and headed towards our room. Before I enter into my room, I came to a final decision on how I felt about Bill and smiled.