Chapter 12- A Love in Need of Rescue

As I step out of the portal, I noticed bright lights and loud music playing in the distance. From what I can tell, it's coming from the Mystery Shack. I readjust my stuff on my shoulder, and started running towards the Mystery Shack.

Stepping on twigs and piles of leaves, I was out of the woods. I was immediately recognized by someone from the party,"Look! Dipper's here!"

Trough the crowds, I could see Mabel as she comes rushing towards me, giving me a tight hug in the impact,"OMG, Dipper. Are you okay? You're not hurt, are you?"

"No-no-t at a-ll." I said while being strained to death. Mabel loosen her grip as many people comes rushing towards me. They would ask me questions like, "How did you escape? Did you kill Bill? Did he try anything? What did he make you do? Did you die?"

I didn't answer any of their questions instead Stan and Ford came over to me, "We need to talk." They said. I had an uneasy feeling, that Stan and Ford doesn't just want to greet me from my return. I slip through Mabel's grasp and made my way to Stan and Ford.

"We should talk somewhere more private," Ford said. Stan and Ford exchanged looks as they head for the entrance of the Mystery Shack. I followed them after I look over my shoulder to see Mabel looking at me with a concern, yet assured face.

Stan closed the door behind me as soon as I came in. A faint sound of cheer is heard through the thin walls of the Mystery Shack.

"Boy, do you know how much trouble you asked us after pulling that stunt like that?!" Stan shouted as he steps closer with me with a fist, but was stopped by Ford putting his arm out in front of him.

"Stan, we talked about this." Ford slowly lowers his arm down to his side as Stan takes a step back and loosens his fist, "Dipper, I want you to tell me everything. What happened with Bill?"

I look away from Ford's timid eyes to the hard wooden floor. I'm not 100% not recovered from what happened with Bill earlier this night, "E-Everything?" I shakenly asked.

"Every thought."

I felt my cheeks turning slightly red. It would've been so embrassing to tell him about the snow fight, dinners, nights, and dances. Instead, I lied.

"It was horrible. He threw me into a cell, where I spent the next three days in. He had me clean his whole chamber, serve his dinner -which was 10x the more he feed me-, I only had bread and water once a day. When he found out that I was Dipper. He was furious and threw furniture at me. I was able to escape while Bill was fast asleep." Deep in my stomach, I had a feeling I'm going to regret this. None of this was true, but if only I told them the truth...

"Stan. Get the gun ready. I'll start running the five-dimensional space transmitter." Ford told Stan, "Hurry."

"What's going on?"

"We're going to defe- kill Bill once for all." Stan replied.

"You can't kill Bill! I l-" For a split second, there was slience. What I was about to say? Love. Bill? No that's berserk. You can't fall in live with someone you just ment 3 days ago. Getting back on reasoning,"He's a demon. You can't kill a demon."

"That's where you wrong." Stan pulled out a gun behind him. I don't know a thing about guns, but based on the designs, it looks pretty ancient. "With a shot from this pistol, Bill's won't be harassing anyone for much longer."

Ford return to the scenery,"Its ready, Now hand me the gun."

"Pistol." Stan corrected him as he hands the pistol to Ford. Ford takes the gun and exits the Mystery Shack. Stan and I followed him outside to see the party was now over as guests were leaving. I and a portal next to the Mystery Shack.
"Well I got to be going, I got some cash to count." Stan said as its just any other day.

Ford looks over to Mabel and I,"You guys stay out of trouble while I got some unfinished business to intend to."

Neither Mabel nor I responded. Ford nodded and entered the portal. Without hesitation I followed him. As I was about to enter the portal, Mabel grabbed my arm. "What do you think you're doing Dipper?!"

"I got to save Bill, Mabel. Now let go!"

"Why?! Why would you save someone like Bill?!" Mabel tightens her grip.

"Because I love him!" And I was sure of it. Mabel stood shock making it the perfect opportunity to get out of her grip.

But before I ran into the portal, I gave Mabel a hug. "I'm sorry." And with that I ran into the portal into the familiar grounds of Bill's territory. The sky was much more gloomy than it has been. I look over at the enterance of Bill's mansion. It was open. Cursing under my breath, I hope I'm not too late, I ran for the enterance.

Once I entered the mansion, I noticed Sam on the floor. I rush towards his need. I look for a pulse, and sighed in relief. He's just knocked out. I carefully set him down and continued my search for Bill, hoping he was still alive.

I head for the west wing. As I see the west wing up ahead, I noticed a fainting yellow glow. With rage I opened the doors, making a dramatic entrance.

Once I was in, the sight of Ford pointing a gun to Bill's head was engraved in my mind. Ford and Bill quickly noticed me. Bill seemed surprised but immediately recognized the gun pointing at his head. He attempted to stand up and push the pistol away but failed when he fell to the ground.

"Ford, you can't do this. Please. Don't kill Bill." I plead.

"Don't kill Bill? Are you hearing yourself right now? He's done horrible things to you and you want HIM alive?" Ford pulled the trigger.

"No! Please. I'm begging you..." Tears were forming in my eyes.

"Don't sweat it, Pinetree. My time's is almost up anyway." Bill weakly smiled at me.

"You see? He's asking to die." Before firing the pistol, I grabbed a near by wooden chair and hit Ford's head with it causing him to knock out. I'm sorry, Ford. But I cant let you kill the one I love.

I rushed towards Bill's aid. Bill chuckles painfully as he grips his chest. "Bill, I'm so sorry I lied to you. About who I was."

Bill slowly shook his head, "There's no need for an apology. But if it makes you feel better, I forgive you too."

My grin on my face would only fade,"Bill, what did you mean you mean your time's up?"

"I had a serect of my own. Though it's much more depressing. You see, I've been cursed. And the only way it can be reversed is for someone to love me and that's not happening anytime soon."

I was left shocked, but quickly responded. "Bill, your curse can be broken."

Bill had a confused look on his face, being clueless than ever. Now if I can only get the three words out of my mouth again. "I-"

Out of no where, Bill ran his fingers through my hair. To my suprised, I continued to struggle the three words that could save Bill's life. Bill pulled me in. Our faces being closer than ever. Looking into his golden eyes made me at ease.

"I love you." I finally get the words out. I closed my eyes as I feel the tension on my lips. As I waited for an impact on my lips, I opened my eyes to see Bill gone. Instead there was golden specks floating around me as it heads for the sky. Tears ran down my cheeks. I was too late. Bill's gone now.

I couldn't save him