Prologue

-Prologue-

“I was wondering if you wanted to do -as friends- something after school tomorrow.” He leans casually on the car behind him.

The first words that come out of my mouth are, “Um, I don’t know your name.”

You failure, Flo! You complete and utter failure!

He chuckles. “My name is Logan Wilson."

“Do you know my name?” I ask doubtfully.

“Florence Esmond.” He immediately says. 

“Um... Okay.” I am surprised at the amount of stuff this stranger knows about me.

Calm down Flo, that’s only your name!

“So?”

“So what?” I ask, feeling slightly scared of this random guy Liam. No Logan! 

“Your answer.”

“What answer?”

“Your answer to my question.”

“What question?”

He sighs, obviously exasperated.  “ ‘Do you want to do something after school, as friends tomorrow.’ ”

“Oh that.” I feel cold sweat trickling down my back. “Well, I barely know you- not barely, not at all. In fact the only thing I know about you is your name. And I got that figured out about ten seconds ago. Also, you might be-” You’re going into a rant Flo!

Order from Florence Esmond’s brain to her mouth: Shut up.

My mouth closes ad I look even stupider than I would have if I had continued talking. No maybe less stupid. Close contest...

What a great ending to your first day at Ashwood, Flo!

“Well, you should trust me.” He nods and flashes a smile, as if that will get me convinced.

“Um... Why?” I ask skeptically.

“Because I know you.” 

“No you don’t!” I break in.

He sighs in exasperation before continuing, “You’re smart. You noticed how all the girls were all over me and you guessed I’m the popular guy in the school. You’re a new girl. You want to be popular. And by being my...” He hesitates before saying, “friend, you would be popular then.”

“Wow, you’re smarter than you look.” I nod.

He laughs. “I get that a lot. Thanks Flo.” 

I swallow. “The fact remains that I don’t know you.”

“I’ve got someone that can convince you. Wait a second.” He disappears and I consider ditching him. But he is Mr Popular at Ashwood High. I will never have a friend if I do that. Anyway, he is already returning with a blonde girl. 

As they get closer I see her excited look and deep blue eyes.

“Flo, this is Leslie. Leslie, this is Flo.” Logan says, at perfect liberty to calling me by my nickname “Flo”.

“Hi!” The blonde -Leslie- says in an bubbly tone. “Logan if you could just leave us...”

Logan huffs, playfully hits her on the arm and leaves. I can see him waiting with some boys I saw this morning.

“Um... Hi, my name is Flo...” I stutter, as usual sounding like a moron. 

“Yeah I know.” Leslie speaks very fast and smiles constantly. I wonder what would happen if I smiled all day. I would probably have a cheek ache.

Oh just shut up, Flo! 

“I am Logan’s best friend from childhood, and being the most popular guy at Ashwood, he has never had a girlfriend.” Leslie explains.

“Okay.”

“Well, he likes you.”

“Okay.”

“You should do something with him tomorrow. If you want I can come with you.”

“Ok-” I stutter, leaving my sentence unfinished. What am I saying?!?!?

As bizarre as this is, I trust Leslie.

“Okay.”

“Great!” Leslie chirps happily. “I’ll tell him!”

I smile uneasily as she leaves.

Flo, this is going to be an exciting year.

*

Hello Wattpaders! 

I'm Val and this is my book! I hope that eventually someone is reading and liking this! 

I have added a pic of Kay Panabaker as Florence Esmond.

Chapter One coming up soon, and feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Love you, Val :)