Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

Logan nears the middle of the circle. Oh, yeah. You have to stand.

I stand, and like a robot, I walk to the center of the circle.

Flo, it doesn’t matter, this kinda thing will be very frequent when Stage 2 of the plan will start...

I hope he’ll make it short.

He bends down, his lips brushing briefly against mine, tickling me, then... 

I stand in shock as everyone cheers and Logan gives me a small smile before going back. I robotically turn around, and notice Leslie smiling at me.

*

“He kissed me, Kat! It’s so damn scary!” I say, hugging my pillow.

“Don’t sound so sad, Flo. He’s the most popular guy, like, ever! He’s like Edward Cullen!”

“Ew! No! Logan doesn’t sparkle, Kat!" I answer in disgust.

She rolls her eyes. “You know what I mean...”

“No I don’t. Edward Cullen is disgusting!”

“Forget him. Logan’s like, every girl’s dream.”

“Not mine.”

“Let’s not talk about it. Let’s watch a movie.”

“What movie?” I ask.

“Dunno... whatever.”

Around the fourth movie, I get bored. 

“Kat, let’s do something else...”

“Like?”

“Reading. I want to finish your book.”

“Alright, you finish it ad I’ll finish the movie.”

*

“Good morning everyone. Settle in.” Our English teacher, Ms Rosario smiled around the room. Since none of my friends have class with me, the only empty seat was next to me. “Who didn’t hand in their review of To Kill A Mockingbird?”

I raise my hand along with the whole class. Ms Rosario is an easy-going teacher so it’s not hard to take advantage of her.

“Ah.. Alright. For next time.” Ms Rosario wiggles her finger at us and turns to the blackboard, just as someone knocks on the door.

“Ehh... wait a minute...” she drops the chalk in her haste and laughter erupts throughout the room.

The door opens, and the principal’s secretary, Mrs Nelson is there. Her lips -that I can’t see thanks to the overdone makeup throughout her face- form a worried smile.

“I’m so sorry to disturb, Holly, but can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Um... Okay. Be good,” Ms Rosario tells the class. As soon as the door closes behind her pandemonium erupts. Everyone is talking and someone throws a paper at me. It reads, “Pass this paper for no reason”, and smiling slightly, I obey.

Five minutes later the door opens. Mrs Nelson is gone, and Ms Rosario comes in with a black haired blue eyed boy who looks slightly embarrassed.

“Class.” She says. “Class!” She screams. “CLASS!” She positively yells.

The whole class is now silent. They must all be thinking, like I am, Shit, that was intense.

See, Ms Rosario never raises her voice.