Chapter One

Chapter 1

Logan, Leslie and I are seated around a table in a cramped café. We decided to meet today instead of tomorrow. I am regretting my decision already. 

“I’ll get the drinks.” Logan stands. “Cokes for everyone?”

I nod, so does Leslie. Logan leaves the table. Leslie and I sit in silence until he returns with three soda cans.

“Thanks.” I say before popping the top of mine and taking a swig.

“Here Les.” Logan hands Leslie a bottle.

“Thanks. Can you open it for me?” Leslie asks with a dazzling smile.

I restrain myself from rolling my eyes, pop the bottle and hand it back to her.

“Thanks Flo!” Leslie chirps.

“You’re welcome.” I gulp down some more of my drink. “So, what’s the deal?”

“The deal to what?”

“To be... you know, popular.”

“‘Cause that’s what you’re interested in.” Leslie laughs. 

I can’t decide what to think about her. I think she is an honest and trustworthy person, yet I find her annoying and overly girly.

“Yes actually.” I set my drink back on the table.

“Well.” Leslie takes a long drink, and wipes her mouth with her hand. “Being Logan’s girlfriend is hard. I won’t lie, you will need a lot of practice, Flo.”

“Tell me what to do!” I snap.

“We can start by your clothes.” Leslie eyes me from head to toe.

I look down at my white jeans and black top. “What’s wrong with them?”

“They’re cute, don’t get me wrong. But to be Logan’s girlfriend, they have to be on another level.” Leslie explains.

“And how do you want to fix that?”

“My aunts work at various very trendy shops, we can shop there and get discounts and stuff.” Leslie giggles, excited.

“When will we go shopping?”

“Jeez Flo!” Logan exclaims. “You ask so many questions!”

“No it’s alright.” Leslie contradicts. “Tomorrow. Rubia can come!”

I have no idea who Rubia is. I am about to ask when Logan says:

“No, Les, we’ve talked about this before. I don’t like Rubia.”