Ted Sweeran

Chapter 1

*Taylor’s POV*

I took out my key to Ed’s house and opened the door. He gave me a key since that’s like my second house.

“I’M HOME!” I yelled as I took off my shoes.

“Blondie!” Ed yelled as he came to greet me.

“What’s up, ginger?” I asked before I jumped on the couch.

“Actually, I have an idea for a song. For our duet, I mean. Wanna hear it?”

“YES! Trampoline?”

“Of course! Come on!” He said as he grabbed his guitar. We always write on his trampoline.

We ran out and sat cross legged in the middle of the trampoline facing each other. He gave me the lyrics and smiled at me. I smiled back. He started strumming his guitar. I took a minute to just look at him. He looked so peaceful and happy while he played. His messy hair went in all directions and his eyebrows scrunched together. Aw. He’s so cute.

“Taylor?” he said, breaking me from my thoughts.

“You missed your cue!” He laughed. “What are you thinking about?” He asked. I smiled.  “You look so cute when you play.”  He rolled his eyes but I could see him trying to hide his smile. I laughed. “Start over.” I said, changing the subject. “I’ll pay attention this time.”  He nodded and started again.

“All I knew,” I sang. “This morning when I woke, is I know something now, know something now, I didn’t before…” I followed the lyrics on the paper until the end of the chorus. Then it was Ed’s turn.

“All my walls stood tall, painted blue. I’ll take ‘em down, take ‘em down, and open up the door for you.”

Then he stopped playing. “That’s all I got so far.” He told me. “So do you like it?” he asked with hopeful eyes.

“It’s amazing, Ed! I love it! Imagine…we could be singing this song together in just a year!” He smiled.

“Thanks, Tay! And you sang it perfectly!” I blushed. “Thank you.”

He jumped off the trampoline and held out his hand for me. I took it and jumped off as well.

“What do you want to do?” he asked me.

“It’s about 8:00, so how about we go get ice cream, rent a movie, and come back here and watch it.”

“Sounds fantastic. To the car?” he asked, holding out his arm. I linked my arm through his. “To the car.”

I hopped in the passenger’s seat and Ed got in the driver’s seat. Ed turned on the radio. “What Makes You Beautiful” was playing. Ed and I both screamed the words to each other. I was both dying of laughter, and deaf by the time we got there.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only Taylor Swift! The owner of 6 Grammy Awards!” Ed said, still laughing at my terrible singing/screaming. I just laughed harder.

He parked the car and we walked in, still laughing. The place was completely empty, besides the old woman who worked there. “Hello!” we both said at the same time. She gave us a sweet smile and asked “What can I get you?”

“Can I please have chocolate ice cream on a cone?” I asked.

“And may I please have a vanilla cone?” Ed asked. The lady nodded and scooped out our ice cream.