Chapter 23

Chapter 23

“Ed…What are you doing here?” I was stuttering a bit. I stood up to meet his height as he closed the door and walked towards me.

“I came to talk.” He lowered his voice. “How have you been?” his question took me by surprise.

I opened my mouth to answer, but nothing came out. Instead, tears poured down my face without any warning. Instead of answering, I threw myself into his arm. They immediately wrapped around my body. I heard quiet sobs from him, too.

“E-Ed. I’ve missed you so much.” He pulled away to look at me.

“Taylor, I’ve been a mess without you…”

“But you have a girlfriend-“

Realizing what I just said, I stepped out of his arms. “You have a girlfriend.” He looked at me sadly.

“Taylor, I swear to you. I haven’t stopped thinking about you since we broke up. I don’t even know what happened between us. One day we were fine, then we were yelling at each other non-stop. I can’t get over you, though. I don’t love Kailey, and she doesn’t love me. I needed someone to get you off my mind so I could work on my music, but it doesn’t work. And what about you? You’re dating my best mate…”

“Publicity stunt.” Is all I say. He looked at me confused for a second. Confusion turned to pure joy. He crashed his lips against mine. Of course, I kissed back. I needed to be as close to him as I could be.

“Longest…Three months….Ever.” he said, between each kiss. He picked me up and dropped me on the couch. Now he’s on top of me, kissing me. My hands grab at his hair. I missed him so much.

After our little make-out session, he takes my hands and looks me in the eyes. “Be mine? I love you.” I nodded quickly and jumped into his arms once again.

He’s mine again, finally. And I’m gonna hold onto him this time.

__________________________________________________________

Short, I know. I just couldn't leave you on a cliff hanger ;)