Chapter 24

Chapter 24

The Red Tour was such a success. I was able to travel the country, meet amazing people, all with my wonderful best friend, and boyfriend. The word about us is out now, but people are being surprisingly nice about it.

Every night, after I sang 22, I would be carried through the crowd. That was absolutely amazing, seeing the fan’s faces when I walk by, and being able to see their costumes and such. When I got to the stage in the back of the arena -called the B Stage-I would sing a song chosen by either me, or the fans. After that was my favorite part of the night…when Ed would come onstage to sing with me. We sang Everything Has Changed and there wasn’t one night that I got tired of it.

While I was onstage, my mom and some security would search the arena for people who stand out. They would be invited to what we called Club Red. Ed and I would go back and meet them, and take pictures. It all lasted less than an hour, but meeting those people and seeing their outfits was one of my favorite parts of the night.

Tonight was my last night in Nashville. My last night in America. My last night with Ed. Currently, we’re in my dressing room wiping the white paint from his face.

“I still cannot even believe you did that!” I said, playing back the last song of the night. During We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Ed came out onstage along with all of my dancers. He was dressed as a clown just like them. To be perfectly honest, he scared me. I thought he was some insane fan or something.

“Weren’t expecting it, were you?” he said with the biggest, childish smile on his face. I rolled my eyes in response, in a joking way, of course.

“By the way, where are we going tonight?” I asked him, remembering what he had whispered to me after EHC.

“I told you! It’s a surprise. Wear something pretty.”

“It isn’t going to be like last time, right?” The last time Ed took me on a “date” was 2 weeks ago. He took me to one of his favorite clubs. Ed ended up drunk, and I had to get a cab to pick us up.

He laughed and shook his head, making me smudge the paint even more.

“Don’t move.” After I said this, he purposely started moving in his seat as much as possible.

“Ed! Ugh. I give up!” I threw the cloth I was holding to wipe his face. I spun around and started walking out, waiting to see his reaction.

“No, wait!” I smirked, getting ready for him to beg for my help. Instead, he put his hands on my face and kissed my lips. I squealed and pushed him away. He was on the floor laughing while I ran to the mirror to check my reflection. Sure enough, there was white paint all over my face.  When I turned around and glared at him, he smiled and waved before running out the door. Oh, this boy.

-

-

-

It was past midnight when we said goodbye to a lot of the crew. It had to have been one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen, watching Ed cry and say his goodbyes. I walked up behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder. When he saw it was me, he took my hand of his shoulder and held it. His other hand moved up to my face, his thumb tracing tearstains on my own cheeks.

“Taylor…” he said my name in a whisper, his sad eyes looking into mine. I gave him a sad smile and nodded, urging him to go on.

“Taylor,” he tried again a little louder. “Thank you for inviting me on this tour. It was…life changing. If you didn’t invite me to come with you, I never would have come over that afternoon to introduce myself face-to-face. I wouldn’t have met my best friend. We would be no more than strangers…” That thought scared me. What if I didn’t hear Ed’s song on the radio? What if I didn’t call him and ask him to open for the tour?

“It’s a scary thought, isn’t it?” he said, snapping me back into reality.

I wrapped my arms around him. “You read my mind.”

-

-

-

-

-

“Tayyyyy,” Ed whined. “Hurry up and get out of the bathroom!”

It was an hour later, and I was in the bathroom getting ready with Caitlin. Ed refuses to tell me where we’re going, but he said to dress nice. I’m wearing a short black dress and flats, since Ed’s already shorter than me. Caitlin picked out everything up to the color of my nails which are also black. She’s going for more of an edgy-look than cute, but I’m up for it. It’s late, anyways. I’m hoping wherever we’re going won’t be very crowded, since it’s already midnight.

“OW! Caitlin!”

“Just one more...THERE!” She said as she finished with my eyebrows.

“Caitlin we’ve been in here almost an hour! Can I at least look in the mirror yet?”

“One more second, just put this on.” She said, handing me a darker shade of lipstick than I usually wear. I’m so used to putting it on that I don’t even need to look.

I stood up from the stool and spun around for Caitlin. “Good?” I asked, hopefully. She smiled, satisfied.

I walked to the mirror and looked. I smiled, and turned around to look at Caitlin. “You’re awesome.” I told her.

“I know.”

-

-

One more coat of nail polish, and a few pictures later, I was ready.

“Taylor, you look hot.” I smiled at my best friend, and we opened the bathroom door to an impatient Ed. He looked up from his phone.

“Finally, you’re-

He looked me up and down a few times, making me feel kind of insecure. He finally stopped and stepped towards me. Instead of kissing me, he hugged me, since Caitlin was in the room. “You look amazing.” I blushed and pulled away, thanking him.

“Alright, Taylor. Have fun. I’m gonna go meet up with Claire. Bye guys!” Caitlin said, before walking out of the hotel room. The second the door closed, Ed’s lips were on mine.

“You look….so…freaking…hot,” he said between kisses. Before it went any further, I pulled away.

“Shall we go?” I asked while reapplying my lipstick. I tucked it in my pocket for later.

“We shall.” I looped my arm through his and we left the small room, which was now much hotter than before Caitlin left.

________________________________________________________________

I FEEL  SO BAD. I just left you guys for like 2 months. I sowwy :(

---If I made a kik, would you guys wanna talk to me??  LET ME KNOW! <3 :)