Chapter 19

Chapter  18

“Tay! Hurry up!” Ed yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I rolled my eyes.

“Hold on! I’m coming!” I yelled back. We were heading off to my mom and dad’s house! I’m really excited for Ed to meet my family. They’ll love him.

I ran downstairs to find a rather nervous-looking Ed. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled his body into mine, our lips in sync. His body was tense. I pulled away.

“Hey. What’s wrong?” I asked him, taking his hands in mine. He looked down so I placed a hand on his face to make him look up. I spoke slowly.

“Ed. Tell me what’s bothering you. Please?”

He sighed and pulled his hands away. He turned to face the door. “I’m nervous. What if they don’t like me? What if they’re mad that I didn’t call them when you were in the hospital? I just don’t want to mess this up. I really like you, and honestly, I’m scared to death I’ll lose you.” His little speech made my heart break.

“You won’t lose me.” Is all I said. I took his hand and walked out the door with him behind me.

He opened the car door for me and I jumped in. “Why, thank you!” I said, earning a small laugh. I watched him get in the driver’s seat, and we were off.

The airport was only about a half hour away. I used that time to tell him about my family, and how I was sure they’d love him. He was going to meet them in just 9 days! That was great, but that also means 9 days without Ed. He was going home to his family, and flying back to America to my house on Christmas Eve.

We arrived at the airport with only 10 minutes to spare. We got our bags out and RAN into the airport. We got someone to take our bags then went back to say goodbye. We stood in the same spot where we shared our first kiss. I smiled at the memory, and I know Ed was thinking about it, too.

He pulled me into a hug. “I’ll miss you, Tay. Call me every day, ok? I’ll be there in time for Christmas.” He took my face in his hands and kissed me, just like the last time. And it still felt like the first time, too. His warm lips pulled away so he could look at me. “I love you, Taylor. See you soon.” He pecked my lips one more time.

“I love you, too. I’ll always love you.” I smiled at him and he hugged me once more, before turning to go.

We didn’t turn around once. Not because we didn’t care, but because we knew we would see each other again.

-

-

-

-

I. Feel. TERRIBLE. That landing was just awful! I’m really tired, but I’m excited to see my family. Right now, I’m searching the airport for my brother, who probably has some stupid sign. Oh gosh.

“WELCOME HOME TAYLOR! I hope you brought presents.” Yup. That’s Austin. I was so excited to see him that I didn’t even pay much attention to his sign. Instead, I ran up behind him and tackled him in a hug.

“AUSTIN I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!” I screamed into his ear, making him jump. When he saw me he pulled me into a tighter hug, pretty much squeezing the life out of me.

“Oh I missed my big sissy soooooo much!” he picked me up and spun me around in a circle. I laughed at him and hit his back. He put me down and I linked my arm through his.

“Good to go?” he asked. That’s what Ed says in the beginning of our duet. Ed. I miss him already.

“Uh…yeah! Let’s go!” I said with fake enthusiasm.  Austin didn’t seem to catch that.