Chapter 7

Chapter 17

**Ed’s POV**

I was walking back to my bus after a long show. I was just anxious to see Taylor. I smiled at the thought of her, but it quickly faded when I heard a siren. I sprinted around the corner towards the bus. The ambulance was parked next to it, and they were carrying Taylor onto it. Before I knew it, I was banging on the door of the ambulance and screaming. They let me in the back. I fell down, crying next to Taylor’s lifeless body.

“What happened?” I demanded. They said nothing, just lifted the covers to reveal a knife lodged into her stomach. My sobs grew louder. This can’t be happening. I grabbed her cold hand and held it to my lips, kissing it over and over again.

“W-who-“

“Suicide, Mr. Sheeran.” He said, knowing what I meant.

My baby. She killed herself. I couldn’t help but think it was my fault. I started to think it was all just a nightmare. That I would wake up next to my Princess. It never happened.

We arrived at the hospital after what seemed like forever. They ran in with Taylor, leaving me sobbing in the hall. A nurse came and led me to a room. She gave me a drink of water. I chugged it down, before realizing it tasted funny. The room started spinning, and I fell into a deep sleep.

-

-

I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry and I was starving. I reached my arms out, to touch my baby. Except the bed was empty. Everything came back to me, and I was running towards her room with the tears pouring from my face. I didn’t even bother asking, I just ran into her room. She was hooked up to a bunch of different machines. I walked over to her slowly. My hands shook. The beeping that was keeping track of her heartbeat indicated she’s alive, and I was overjoyed to hear that noise. Seeing Taylor like this was enough to break me, though. I saw a piece of paper on a table next to her. I approached it, scared of what it read.

“I’m sick of this. I love one person, but I have to act like I love someone else for publicity. That’s right. Ed Sheeran, I never loved you. I’m happy now. No more pretending.

-Tay”

I looked from the note to Taylor, back and forth until I was full on crying. Taylor was pretending to love me? I should’ve known. Someone like her would never fall for a guy like me. She’s perfect, I’m Ed. I watched her, wondering what she was dreaming. I felt a mix of emotions inside of me. Sadness, anger, betrayal. But no matter what I felt, I still loved her. And I wasn’t leaving her side for anything.

-

-

A few days pass, and I still sit here. I’ve had water, and that’s all since I got here. I couldn’t eat, not when Taylor’s like this. I held her hand, and stared at her. That’s all I’ve done for the past couple of days.

The beeps got louder, and steadier. I saw her lips move a little, as if she was trying to speak. My heart raced. I couldn’t wait to hear her beautiful voice.

Her eyes fluttered open, and tears started falling from my eyes.

“Oh my God, you’re alive!” I said, through the tears. I held her hand and kissed it over and over again. I’d kiss her, but I didn’t think she’d want me to.

“Ed.” She whispered, smiling weakly. “I love you.” She struggled to get out.

It made my heart melt. Except I knew she didn’t mean it. She saw my face drop.

“Tay, you don’t have to pretend anymore. I read the note.” Cue more tears.

“Ed, believe me when I say they weren’t my words!”

“Taylor, it was your writing.”

“Let me tell you a story.” She said. And she told me exactly what happened.

My baby didn’t try to kill herself.

My baby loves me.

And I am no doubt, 100 percent absolutely head over heels, in love with Taylor Alison Swift.

_____________________________________________________________________

Wooh. Sorry about that. I hate when authors leave cliff hangers, so i'll never do that. It bugs me so much, haha. So that's what this chapter was for. I couldn't leave it like that. "Oh, Taylor just died, go on with your lives and wait until I update again" NO. That would be horrible. okay. go on with your lives :) <3