17- Dance Practice

17- Dance practice

Okay well after Keith's prom proposal, everyone has been talking about it and they really thought that were officially a couple but I keep denying it since we're not and I haven't answered Keith yet if I wanted to be his girlfriend and I'm hesitating on to it. I guess I need more time to just spend time with him as a friend first before we become more than friends.

"Did you guys see how Keith proposed to Beverly to prom the other day?!... It was so sweet!" Whispers were being tossed around math class as soon as I entered and they all grinned at me.

"You're so lucky Beverly!" A brunette gushed and I smiled.

"Thanks," I said, not to be rude.

I took my spot on my desk but Kent wasn't here yet. Last time I saw Kent was at the lunch hall before Ty and Wade hauled me to the stage and I wonder if he's okay... Emotionally because that must've hurt.

"So are you guys dating?!" Some girl with a perky voice asked me as she sat down on Kent's spot and I snapped out of my trance.

"Who?" I quirk a brow and her eyes rolled.

"Duh! You and Keith!" She squealed and I shook my head.

"No were not," I denied then she looked at me closely to see if I'm lying.

"You guys must be I mean he wouldn't ask you if you weren't-" I don't really pay attention to who is in my class but the girl got cut off when Kent cleared his throat as he stood in front of our table.

"That's my spot you're seating on Gabby," he said in a matter of fact tone and I smiled at him.

"Oh hi Kent," the girl stood up and walked away as Kent shooed her away.

"Hey Kent!" I beamed at me and he smirked, taking a seat on his spot.

"I've been hearing all about the thing Keith did the other day," he huffed out and I shrugged. It must been hard for Kent to witness that. "Well I guess you have a prom date now," he said irritated then paid close attention as Mr. Franklin was explaining the lesson.

"Yeah... I guess so too," I replied, looking at the front.

"Okay well partner up with your elbow partner and answer pages 257-259, if not done by the end of the period, it will be homework." Mr. Franklin announced and I flipped the book over to the pages we were supposed to do.

Kent has been off and weird for the duration of the class. We didn't talk much but he always purposely brush our hands or arms together and when I look at him, he's not paying attention to me. Gah! This is annoying!

"So I kinda need help with this question," he said, pointing over the easiest question in the book. We only talked if he had questions about the text book and he had a lot.

"So first you find the ratio of this number..." I started explaining but then I can feel my face burning from his stare. I glanced to the side and he immediately snapped his eyes back to the text book where my pen was pointed out.

"Okay, I get it now." He nodded but I looked at him curiously. I doubt he was even listening while I was explaining, how could he get it? Ugh! Kent, you are driving me insane!

I turned back to my own notebook and answered the next question then I felt Kent's eyes were trained on me again but he's not talking, I brushed off the idea and continued with my work, ignoring him.

The period passed by slow and when the bell rang, I stood up and packed all my things, getting ready to go to the lunch hall.

"Beverly!" Kent called behind me and I waited for him as he caught up with me.