A Scorned Wife

A/N The story will start with Thyra and what she's been up to, then when we go to New Orleans it will start at the end of 01x08.

Anyone who hasn't read the Original Wife (first instalment of this series) I suggest you go and read that before you continue with The Original Mother, because some things in this book might not make sense otherwise.

I was back in MiamiFlorida sipping cocktails on the beach; I hadn't been here since 2002 when I saved Katerina Petorva from Klaus goons. I was lying on a lounge chair on one of Miami's many sandy beaches, sipping cocktails without a care in the world.

It had been months since I left MysticFalls and Nik behind. After I left I decided to state hop for a while. So far I had drove through North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and now Florida. I didn't stay in one place for to long mostly because for the first few months during my travelling I had been on a ripper binge.

I wasn't an out of control ripper by any means, I only got like this when I was sad and depressed, due to the loss of my best-friend Kol and Niklaus refusing to leave Mystic Falls with me, I had a lot to be upset about. I was done morning now though, I knew Kol would want me to embrace life and cause twice as much mayhem, now that he wasn't around and I had done just that. As for Nik well there was no way I was going to sit around and pine for him, he made his choice to stay in the hell hole that is MysticFalls.

Speaking of my husband I hadn't heard from Nik since I left him, bastard. Elijah checked in but in the last few weeks I hadn't heard from him which was also strange. Rebekah called me at leased once a week to chat; I knew she missed having a female presence around that didn't despise her. She had come to see me over the summer with Matt the human from MysticFalls; apparently they were having a summer romance. Once Matt got over the fact that I killed/turned Elena and that I had Katherina kill Jeremy he was okay, for a human anyway.

I motioned to the waiter to bring me another drink as I had just finished my forth, he smiled and nodded then went to the beach bar to get my order. Life was great, I had no worries, no drama and no impending death threats; I was having the time of my life, shopping, alcohol and blood what more could a girl want.

"Aren't you the lady of leisure" I heard from behind me. I sat up from my lounger and turned around my face breaking into a huge grin.

"Rebekah" I rejoiced, standing up and pulling my sister into a hug, she squeezed me back then pulled away a look of pity taking over her face. Why was Rebekah looking at me with pity?

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

"Perhaps we should go somewhere more quite to talk, there are tings I must tell you" she spoke softly. I nodded my head and grabbed my things before walking back to the hotel I was staying in.

***

"You're lying" I spat.

"Why would I lie about something that I know would mean so much to you" Rebekah said pleading.

"He would have come for me, tried to find me" I shouted running my fingers through my hair trying to get control of my emotions.

"Maybe he did, but you were on the run for sixty years Thyra, going by a different name".

"I watched that city our city burn, you Nik and Elijah said he burned in that opera house" I screamed.

"We thought he did everything just happened so fast, After Mikael snapped your neck he tried to use the white oak to kill you, but we stopped him and got you out of there. We tried going back for him but the fire was too out of control, obviously he survived" Rebekah said replaying the night we fled New Orleans.