Good Enough

A Thousand years ago

I sat by the roaring fire tears dripping down my cheeks at what had just happened. Tatia was dead, my beautiful loving sister was gone, killed ... murdered at the hands of Esther. Esther was also dead at the hands of Niklaus but I felt no pity for the woman. We had both promised to take the fact that Nik had killed Esther to our graves; as far as Finn, Elijah, Kol and Rebekah were concerned Mikael had killed his wife in a fit of rage.

"Angel what are you doing we must leave" Nik panicked, we had just burned the white oak tree and where ready to flee from Mikael.

I ignored my husband and ran my fingers along the soft while cloth in my hands, tears streaming down my cheeks as I did.

"She would have been beautiful Nik" I whispered hoarsely as I stood up.

"Thyra"

"She would have had your eyes and my hair, a perfect mixture of us both" I continued rubbing my hands over my empty womb.

"Angel I ..."

"Doesn't matter now she's gone, our wildflower is gone along with Tatia" I continued, as I unfolded the white cloth in my hands revealing a tiny white dress I had sown myself back when Esther told me I was having a girl, I sneered at the thought of the now dead woman as I threw the small dress into the fire and walking from my marital home.

New Orleans, present time

Smash!

I picked up another piece of furniture throwing it against the wall.

Smash!

I then swept my hands across the shelves on the far side of the wall sending everything flying to the floor, the paintings on the walls were next; I ripped them from the wall pushing my knee through the canvas ripping the sweet looking pictures.

The small room had been in a pristine state ten minutes ago, now it was in a state of disrepair thanks to me.

"What have you done" an outraged voice said from behind me.

"She's meant to be dead right Nik?"

"That doesn't mean you have to destroy her room angel" he quietly replied.

"What's the point, it will just gather dust" I snapped as I continued to throw things across the room.

"Angel..."

"No Nik, she's gone our wildflower is gone ... again, this is the second time your mother had forcefully taken her from us" I seethed.

"I'm sorry".

"Sorry isn't good enough Nik, sorry won't bring Eden back".

"We will get our daughter back" Nik convincingly told me grabbing my face and making me look him directly in the eyes.

"What when she's grown up and we're nothing but strangers to her, face it Nik between you and I have enough enemy's to last two thousand years, they will never stop coming for us. Eden will never be safe, we made our bed now we have to lie in it" I told him.

"I promise I will bring Eden home" he told me.

"When?" I snapped.

"When Nik" I shouted pushing against his chest.

"I barely held her now she's gone".

"She's gone" I cried finally letting the tears flow, I fell to my knees holding my hands against my chest as my heart broke at the prospect of not seeing my beautiful baby girl again.

After a second Nik sank to his knees beside me pulling me into his arms as we cried together in the wreck of our daughter's room.

***

Elijah stood on the balcony of his bedroom listening to the heart-breaking cries of Niklaus and Thyra. It had to be done, Eden would never be safe until they got the city back under their control and until Esther was no longer a threat, even in death she managed to tear his family apart.

Elijah opened his palm which held a necklace with a small ruby jewel, he had gifted it to Katherina five-hundred years ago when she was still human, and she had kept it all these years wearing it with pride.

"This is one of the few things I hold dear to my heart, I want you to hold onto it for me, that way you know I'll be back for it" she smiled, then reached up and kissed his lips softly before climbing into the car next to his brother.

As far as anyone but him, Thyra and Niklaus was concerned Katherina Petrova was dead along with his niece. It was easy to convince people that Klaus refused to give her his blood due to their tumultuous history.

"I don't like the idea of Rebekah on her own out there with Eden, what if something happens and she's alone" Thyra said.

"I'll go" Katherina spoke up, shocking the three originals, as they made plans to smuggle Eden out of the city and into Rebekah's awaiting arms.

"You cannot be serious, if you think I would trust my daughter with you ..." Nik started.

"Who hid from you and your family for over five-hundred years, I'm a survivor Klaus the best there is, I survived the great Klaus Mikaelson who else can say that? I know how to hide and with Nadia's traveller connections we can disappear off the face of the earth".

And that was how Katherina Petrova once again disappeared from his life but this time he knew she would come back for him.

***

"So where are we meeting this devil spawn of yours" Rebekah asked as she drove away from New Orleans.

"Her name is Nadia and were meeting her on the border of Louisiana" Katherine replied.

"Goody" the blonde sighed.

"Listen Rebekah we're going to be living together for the foreseeable future so let's try and cut down on the bitchy-ness" Katherine smirked.

"Why are you even here, I mean besides the being good at staying hidden thing?"

"Thyra saw the good in me she gave me a second chance, I owe her. Besides I know what it's like to have your daughter ripped from your arms. I got my Nadia back so until Thyra gets Eden back I'll help keep her safe" Katherine honestly told Rebekah.

"Good enough" Rebekah replied with a new found respect for the doppelganger.

Meanwhile little Eden cooed in her car seat as she watched the blurred scenery pass the small baby not knowing just how important she was to the people around her, or how much danger she was in if she was found.

.

THE END

Please go to my profile for the prologue of the third instalment of the Thyra Mikaelson series called "The Original Enemy"

Also thank you to everyone for the support votes and comments throughout this book, it's been a wild ride with many twists and turns but it's been worth it I love you all my lovelies.

Xoxo