Mama Bear

Season 1 Episode 21.

"Trust no-one"

That's what Kol had said to me before I left the other-side; I remembered his desperate tone and the begging look in his eyes. My best-friend had never steered me wrong in my life, so I doubted he would in death.

I had been on my guard ever since, questioning the motives of people around me even more than I had before, I was becoming just as paranoid as Niklaus but I didn't care, the horrible feeling I had told me something was going to happen and my feelings were never usually wrong.

It wasn't hard not to trust people in this city, after all my family and I were surrounded by enemies, two who were currently in my home.

"I don't like this" I snapped as I glowered at the wolf in front of me.

"And you think I do?" Arielle spat as she glared back at me.

"Tell me again why the dead wolf slut's, backwater sister is in my home" I sighed.

"My name is Arielle, and my sister's name was Haley" the brunette snapped.

"Does it look like I care?"

"Little one, calm down, Arielle is simply here to make sure Niklaus comes through on his promise" Elijah explained.

"Plus my fiancée and best friend haven't returned from their little field trip, they went on for your husband" Arielle glared as Elijah tried to call his brother.

"Fiancée? Tell me is he blind?" I asked questioned sarcastically, making Katerina burst out laughing.

"Talk about Jackson again and I will end you" the angry wolf threatened.

"Threaten me again and I'll rip your heart out then feed it to your fiancée" I coldly replied my icy cold eyes meeting her blazing angry ones. I had to give to the wolf because unlike her sister she didn't back down from my harsh look, a look that had made even the most, fiercest warriors cower.

Arielle and I stayed like that, staring each at one another, neither one of us willing to back down. Nobody but my family could ever look me in the eye with such defiance, I was impressed usually people cowered or walked away but not her.

Our power struggle stopped when I stated to chuckle, Arielle's expression turned to confusion her eyebrows creasing in annoyance as I laughed.

"I like you" I smirked, before she could reply Niklaus voice filled the room Elijah finally getting through to his brother.

"Yes, brother, what is it?" Niklaus said in an annoyed tone as Elijah put him on speaker.

"It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother" Elijah started only for Arielle to interrupt.

"They should have been back hours ago if anything happens to them Klaus ..."

"We need to find them" Elijah cut her off, knowing as well as I that Nik, didn't respond well to threats.

"Well, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghaied" Nik explained making me sigh.

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" Elijah replied slightly annoyed

"It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution".

"What are you planning Nik?" I sighed.

"I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose".