The Prophecy

Season 1 episode 14

1000 years ago.

It had been two days since the death of Henrik everyone was devastated including me, I had got on very well with the young Mikaelson, as my Niklaus was his favourite sibling, Nik told me Henrik had taken a fancy to me but I laughed it off he was a young boy who was just starting to notice women.

Niklaus took it the hardest as Henrik had followed him to watch the beasts transform, it wasn't his fault Henrik was curious but Nik still blamed himself, Mikael had not helped matters, I didn't think he could treat Niklaus any worse but I was wrong.

It was sad time but I was hoping my news could cheer Niklaus up even just a little; I waited in our small hut playing with my hands nervously. Seconds later Nik dragged himself through the door with his head down, he said nothing as he sat by the fire.

"I have something for you" I spoke softly as I sat beside my husband.

"I don't deserve anything angel, not after what I've done" he whispered his voice horse.

"Listen to me Niklaus what happened was not your fault" I stated firmly my hands holding his face so he would look at me, his bright blue eyes were lifeless, dark circles underlined them.

"Now here" I said handing him the bundle of cloth from my apron, his large hands took it from mine; he unwrapped the cloth and pulled out the hand carved knight and horse it was the one he had given Rebekah years ago as children.

"I don't understand Rebekah gave it to you on our wedding day for...." He trailed off and looked at me with wide eyes.

"For our future child" I smiled, placing my hand on my stomach.

Nik jumped up from his spot, pulling me up with him, a huge smile across his face.

"Are you certain" he asked excited.

"I wasn't at first but then your mother confirmed it while I was helping her with tonight's feast, we are going to have a child Niklaus" I laughed; Nik pulled me forward and hoisted me up into the air spinning me around in a circle.

"My child" he whispered as he placed me carefully on the ground placing his hands over my belly with a huge grin.

"I love you angel" he said and kissed me passionately.

Our child would never be because when morning came I would no longer be human I would be a vampire.

***

I awoke with a gasp, I could feel the tears running down my cheeks at them memory of my lost child who had not yet had the time to grow. I shook my head from the painful memory and looked at my surroundings I was in a large room lying on an old hospital bed, this room looked like it had seen better days most of the paint had peeled off the walls and ceiling, broken furniture, medical equipment and papers littered the ground. I examined room carefully most of the things looked the belonged in the 1920s.

As I was looking around the room I noticed another body lying on a similar hospital bed, it was the wolf slut it was Haley, I walked towards her when I noticed something strange, she was no longer pregnant her stomach was flat, another chilling fact I realised as I got closer was the wolf was dead.

***

"Anything" Elijah demanded as he walked into the compound, police officers smiled politely to Marcel and Elijah as they lefts to go look for the three originals and pregnant wolf.