Oh Come Here

Season 1 episode 17

"So Elijah's brokering a treaty huh?"

"Yes, right now he's sitting down with the witches, the vampires and the humans dividing the city" I explained.

"And why aren't you there?"

"Since when have I ever got involved in politics, besides I come from a time when Queens were seen and not heard" I joked.

"Like anyone could keep you quite" he laughed.

"Just shut up and pass me that cake" I smiled.

"You mean my cake".

"I'm pregnant I have cravings now give it" I snapped.

"Yeah I am the only one who still finds that a bit weird?" He sniggered passing me the delicious chocolate cake.

"Even after a month I still wake up every morning surprised" I replied with a mouth full of cake.

"I still don't know how I feel about you replacing me" he smirked.

I looked up from my food and reached across the table taking his hand in mine, I met his brown eyes and smiled softly.

"Marcellus you will always be my son, I love you little warrior don't forget that okay" I told him.

"Okay stop with all the mushy stuff and eat your cake" he grinned making me glare.

One month. It had been a month since Klaus and Elijah banished Marcel, he was now residing across the river, although that didn't stop me spending time with him, we met up at least two times a week, to spend time together and so I could tell him what was going on in the city he missed terribly.

I knew he was planning a war to take back the quarter, he was a grown man, far be it from me to stop his plans, he deserved to be King so I would give him any information to help him in his bid to regain his crown.

It had also been a month since Rebekah left and I missed her terribly sure I had Katherina, but I missed my sister. Katherina had been great helping me prepare for motherhood, buying me books like what to expect when you're expecting and buying mountains of baby things, I think she was trying to keep herself busy now that Nadia had left.

Nadia had left New Orleans to travel about three weeks ago, Kat and I begged her to stay but she said she wanted to live her life for a while, after all she had spent her whole life looking for her mother and now that she had found her she wanted a real life. She checked in once a week per Katherina's request, her and Kats relationship had come along fantastically Kat putting Nadia first instead of herself, I could tell the mother and daughter loved each other very much.

Elijah had taken to avoiding Kat, ever since he had saved her and Nadia from Celeste. Elijah my noble brother was once again punishing himself for putting his desires first, though that didn't stop the doppelganger from trying to get his attention.

I couldn't really say anything about avoidance, after all I had taken to avoiding Niklaus, although he had set Rebekah free and left Marcel unharmed, I still wanted nothing to do with him. I spent my days either away from the compound or relaxing in my bedroom. Niklaus had taken to playing our century's old game, of making one another jealous.

Genevieve the resurrected witch who tortured my sister had been a constant guest in my home, Nik paraded her around trying to get a rise out of me, it hadn't worked. The poor witch actually thought she had a chance with my ex, did she not see he was using her, Nik hadn't even kissed her, still she kept coming back hoping that he would eventually screw her.