Knight in Shining Armor

~(y/n)'s P.O.V.~

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I have made what has to be the dumbest mistake I have probably ever made in my life  and that one mistake led me to here. My mind and heart were racing, it's hard to put it into words exactly, no matter how hard I try I'm not able to express what's going though my mind. The only thing I can think of to even give you the mere idea of what was going though my head would be if you imagined your worst fear, now multiply that a hundred-times over, yeah I was scared to death to say the least. Well anyway enough of my rambling, I could go on and on with my little tangent here; but I'm sure you don't want that, so let's get back to the.....action if you will.

"I think we are going to have some fun with this one, don't ya think boys hahaha?" I prepared for the worst after he had said that. I desperately wished for some kind of escape, oh hell right now I would take that age old fantasy of a 'prince charming' or a 'knight in shining armor' however cliché it maybe, but wishes rarely come true. My wishful thinking was quickly ended when the leader suddenly punched me in the gut. It felt like I just got hit by a train, before I had any time to react I was forcefully thrown to the ground. All the air in my lungs was knocked out of me, my chest felt like it was on fire as I struggled to breathe. Oh but this leader guy wasn't going to let up anytime soon in fact it seemed he was just getting started. Before I could fully catch my breath he kicked me in the ribs, from how much it just plain out hurt I could've sworn that he had broken or at the very least fractured some of my ribs from that single kick. I know that sounds like I might be exaggerating a bit but that's what it felt like, my whole torso hurt. All this over a simple shortcut home, that one mistake led to some of the most horrible pain I had ever felt.

~Izaya's P.O.V.~

Well it seems that a little birdie has told me an inserting little tid-bit of information, it seems that a bunch no good thugs has kidnapped my very special human (y/n). Now that just wont do, now will it? In fact the fact that anyone would want to hurt her in anyway made me quite mad to put it as bluntly as possible. That's why I couldn't just let this go on any further than it already had at this point, I was going to 'take care' of this.....little issue myself. I wanted to make the ones that hurt her pay, personally.Even though logically speaking it might have been easier to have Celty teach those thugs a lesson for me, but no this was something personal. (........and the plot/fangirls demands it)

As soon as I found out where exactly those damn thugs  took (y/n) believe me I wasted no time in getting there. From what I could tell right away there were three guys, two of them looked like your typical lackeys, pathetic, they looked like they couldn't even think for themselves. On the other hand there was what was quite apparent to be the leader, but he was no different  from any other thug. Just looking at them made my blood boil, they had some nerve to hurt (y/n), but now they are going to pay, no one hurts whats mine.

"......How low of you......hurting a poor innocent girl, you should be ashamed of yourself." The thugs turn around to face me, stepping away from (y/n) who at this point seemed like she had passed out. It was then that I could truly see just how much pain they had caused her, she was bloody and bruised and I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure a leg doesn't bend that way, it was quite apparent that her left leg was broken. As far as I could see she didn't have any life treating injuries, all the cuts on her body were small and maybe not even deep enough to cause any future scaring, thankfully but that was only the physical injuries, who knows what kind of mental or emotional scars would be left behind. I actually feel sorry for her which is so unlike me, but she is the exception, she is the only one that could bring out such emotions that I didn't even know I had or ones I had forgotten of. Although I didn't have time to sulk and feel sorry and have a heartfelt moment for very long, because my thoughts were interrupted as the leader spoke up.

"I was beginning to wonder if you would show up, so I'm guessing this girl does have some kind of connection to you. Is she like your girlfriend or somethin'?" I'm not going to lie, I really wanted to kill this guy, but I tried to keep,my calm composure at least for a bit longer, I'm not one for starting fights like this.....normally unless it's with Shizu-chan of course, I prefer to stand back and watch. So I might as well give them the option of settling this in a somewhat peaceful way.......I could always make their lives a living hell some other time, if I wanted to.

"....Well, you could say that, but lets just cut to the chase here why don't we? Listen and listen well, because I'm only going to say this once, let her go and all of us can just go our separate ways. There is no need to start a fight and I think you have caused enough damage for one day don't ya think?" The presumed leader just laughed at my remark, just as I thought he would. Then again it wouldn't be any fun if they did pick the easy way out. Oh well I guess I will just have to do this the hard way. I gripped my knife in my pocket tightly, ready to pull it out and fight at any moment. I didn't have to wait very long because the leader of the gang made a gesture to the other two, they seemed to nod in agreement and without wasting any time, they rushed me. Quite foolish if you ask me, as far I could tell right off they didn't even have a weapon on them. I was of course was much too fast for them, I moved out of the way and stabbed one of them in the shoulder. He stumbled a bit as he cried out in pain and quickly put his hand over the wound. This only seemed to anger the second one as he tried to throw a punch at me, I easily ducked under the blow. All this seemed to be child's play especially compared to all those fights with Shizu-chan over the years; so it wasn't very long until both of them have had enough and ran off with only various non-leathle wounds. Without his lackeys the leader ran off sacred as well, too bad I was hoping that he would at least try to fight me but oh well. It was a good thing I guess (y/n)'s wounds needed to be attended to. So it seems like I need to pay an old friend a visit tonight.

~~~A/N~~~

Well it looks like I finally did it, sorry to keep all of you waiting but I was stuck on how to pull off that little fight scene. So that's why I cut it short instead of describing all of it for you so that way I could just hurry up and finish this chapter. I kind of feel bad for pretty much skipping that entire part though but I guess you can just imagine it for yourself, or if anyone would like to write it for me or thinks they could help me write it myself some that would be greatly appreciated and I'll edit the chapter and write it in sometime in the future. So until then I'm sorry for the long wait and for kinda of cheating you out of a nice little fight scene.