Into the Corn Maze

Note: More horror/gore aspects! As always I toned it down a bit. Characters feautured in this chapter are Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) and Freddy Krueger(refer to pic) (A Nightmare on Elm Street)

Frankie promised him they'd go play the corn maze tonight. Gerard wasn't a bit sure why the corn maze only opens at night, perhaps it was under maintenance. Anyways he didn't think too much about it. Anything with Frankie was nice

And also, he was spoiling the fuck out of him. His tummy was full of sweets and ice cream and funnel cake, and it made him giggly when they played around as they were sharing.

But with all the treats; what made Gerard's heart do cartwheels was all the tiniest things he did. Tucking his hair behind his ear as they were eating cotton candy, wrapping his scarf around him as he scrubbed his hands together in the chill, adjusting his flower crown for him when it got caught in his raven locks from the breeze. It made him feel loved; he was being loved again, despite what his ex had said to him.

"Frankie," he said. They were strolling past a same row of stands again. It was late afternoon, the sun slowly starting to turn orange. The smell of pumpkin spice and roasted chicken wafted through the air and everyone around them were all happy, enjoying themselves. There were no frowns to be seen. "I... thank you."

"What are you thanking me for?" Frank asked. "The day isn't even over yet."

The day. Over. Gerard felt a wave of sadness wash through him, as these enchanted moments were going to pass by. "For everything. Today. It's been awhile for me."

Ahead of them was a pumpkin patch, with children giggling while blowing bubbles on top of the hay bales. Frank nodded towards there.

"Let's go sit down."

They chose a hay bale a bit off to the side, away from the crowd. It wasn't until Gerard sat down when he felt all of the day's excitement weigh down on him, leaving his eyes droopy and a huge yawn to his face. Frank rubbed his shoulder, and it felt really relaxing.

"Do you want to rest for a bit?" He asked, softly. "You can lay your head in my lap if you want. Spugly can be your pillow."

Gerard rubbed his eyes and hummed, holding Spugly to his chest. He plucked off his flower crown from the top of his head and placed it on Frank's instead as he lied down, preventing it from getting crushed. Frank sort of leaned over and adjusted his scarf to cover him like a blanket. Taking the time, Gerard's eyes drifted from his focused hazel eyes, down to his nose, then all the way to his pink, parted lips. He gulped.

"Frank? What are we?" He asked, if a bit groggily. He might've not even remembered what had just left his mouth, but he stared into the other man's eyes till they met his.

Frank had a small smile playing at his lips. He had a hand carding through Gerard's hair and he was fighting hard not to fall asleep.

"Well as far as I know, you're quite the adorable little prince." Gerard felt the scarf turn too warm all of a sudden, but he still locked his eyes with Frank's. "And well, I'm a crazy school doctor murdering the kids. A prince and a psycho. Doesn't that make quite a pair?"

Gerard snuggled in closer to him.

"What is today, then? A vacation, a... job?"

Frank was still slightly leaning over him, his eyes softening at his words. "It... can be whatever you want it to be. It can be a vacation, a dream, a job, a date..."

"What do you think, Frankie?"

Gerard was full on staring into the other man's eyes, searching for the answer.