Chapter 4

"Awe! Look at her! She's so cute!" The words, a high-pitched melody, whispered into the quiet room, vibrating with excitement. 

"She may be cute, but she sure will kick your ass if you piss her off. Trust me, I know." Lexi. Definitely Lexi.

I rolled over, limbs heavy, and peeked through drowsy eyelids. Lexi, a force of nature, stood alongside a girl, her aura bright and happy. Dark brown hair framed a face adorned with light blue eyes, reminding me of Damien's. "Look! She's awake!" The girl's voice, now even louder, rang through the room.

I sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, grappling with consciousness. "Lexi, what time is it?"

"8:34. Which means it's time to get up!" Lexi's enthusiasm, even though I was annoyed at being woken, tugged at the corners of my lips. The girl handed me a bundle of clothes. 

"Here, I brought you some jeans and a super cute top! They should fit you." I accepted the garments, sliding out of the bed's embrace. 

"Thanks."

Entering the bathroom I noticed at the other end of the room, I shed my old skin, turning on the shower. The hot water cascaded over me, a comforting embrace that helped me relax my tense body. I didn't have any soap with me, but a large portion of Damien's would have to suffice. Emerging from the shower a time later, I combed my hair using my fingers, slipping into the clothes that I left on the ground. On the counter, a small makeup bag awaited. Im sure this was Lexi's doing. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the bag and dug through it, opting for a touch of mascara. In the mirror, my reflection met my approval, and I moved back towards the bedroom.

Lexi and the girl lounged on the bed, both smiling when they saw me approaching. Their grins widened upon my return. The girl suddenly bounded up, enveloping me in a warm hug.

"Hi Mara! I'm Mazie! It's so nice to finally meet you!" She released me, and I offered her a smile, exchanging a puzzled glance with Lexi.

"Mazie is Damien's sister. We met yesterday during training," Lexi clarified. Huh, I didn't even know he had a sister.

"Yup, and I'm so happy that my brother finally found his mate! Once he turned 20, we were positive that he wasn't going to find her, and he practically gave up hope looking for you, but here you are!" It is very common to find your mate within the first year you shift at age 16, but there are rare occasions were someone doesn't have a mate, or their mate has died. The girl surprised me again by taking my hand, leading me towards the door. "Come on, let's go eat! I'm starving." I followed the duo to the kitchen.

People in the dining area stole glances in our direction as we entered, their curiosity sparking like embers. Seated at a table, an older lady delivered plates adorned with waffles, eggs, and hash browns. Gratitude escaped my lips as I dug into the feast, the flavors dancing on my tongue. It has been a couple days since I've eaten a proper meal. When I was done eating, I pushed away my plate, feeling full. Lexi and Mazie beamed at me when I turned towards them. "What? I was hungry." They both burst out laughing, and I couldn't resist the laugh the slipped out of my lips.

The mirth dissolved when I noticed Damien's presence. "Lexi. Mara. Can you come with me?" I looked over at Lexi who simply shrugged. "Come on, brother, we're in the middle of breakfast."

Damien's eyes softened at his sister. "They will be back in a moment, I promise."

Lexi and I followed Damien out of the kitchen and to what I'm guessing is his office. It had a large desk in the middle with papers scattered on top of it, and a small sofa placed in front of it. He sat down behind his desk and gestured to the sofa. "Please sit."

We both sat, and I tried giving him a questionable look, but he ignored me. "You have been here for a couple of days now, and questions are arising. Due to certain circumstances, you won't be leaving," he paused as his gaze bore into me, "this pack, ever. It's time for you to officially become members of the Red Dawn Pack."

My breath caught, and I exchanged a glance with Lexi. She had the same puzzled expression that I'm sure I bore. I knew that since Damien is my mate, that would make me the Luna of this pack, but I never wanted to think about actually rejecting the ties I had to my old pack. That is if my old pack is still alive. 

"I think that is a good idea," Lexi said, surprising me. I looked at her, shocked. I never thought she would give in so easily. "What? Your his mate which means that you have to stay, and I'm not leaving you, so it's not like there's any other options." Ok she did have a point. I nodded my head, and a ghost of a smile appeared on Damien's lips. "Ok then."

He stood up and walked to stand in front of Lexi. "Do you agree to sever all loyalty to the Blue Moon Pack and vow to be loyal to the Red Dawn Pack?" Damien's words hung in the air, a binding spell. Lexi bowed her head. "I promise."

A pocket knife emerged from his pocket as he brought it up to his other hand. Damien cut his palm, drawing blood, and replicated the act with Lexi. Their hands pressed together. "As Alpha, I now welcome you to the Red Dawn Pack." Lexi pulled her hand away and bowed her head respectfully. 

"Thank you Alpha." She glanced over at my and gave me the thumbs up before leaving. Lexi's departure left me alone with Damien. 

"Do you agree to sever all loyalty that you may have to the Blue Moon Pack, and vow to be loyal to the Red Dawn Pack. To love and care for all pack members as they were your family, and to always stand by your pack as their Luna." I blushed a little and looked away. "I promise." Damien pulled out the knife and reopened his wound. He then lightly grabbed my hand causing sparks to fly up my arm. He put the knife to my hand and gently pressed in, cutting it and making it bleed. He then put the knife down and locking eyes with me, he pressed his wound to mine. I watched as Damien's eyes darkened and he growled. I gasped as I felt each and every bond I had with my old pack break. I was left with this odd feeling of emptiness. Then, a warmth spread from my chest as hundreds of new bonds were being made. "As Alpha, I welcome you to the Red Dawn pack."

Damien then pulled me up and brought me towards him.  He pulled me towards him, lips tantalizingly close, The warmth of his breath filling me with anticipation. I closed my eyes, waiting for him to kiss me, but instead, I felt his soft lips press against my neck. Shivers coursed through me as kisses trailed across my neck, his teeth grazing my skin. He starting sucking on the part where my neck meets my collarbone, and I felt his canines brush against my skin. In my head my wolf was howling in pleasure. All of the sudden, I felt a sharp pain as Damien bit into my flesh, but the pain was quickly replaced with pleasure that made my knees weak, making me lean closer to him. He licked the spot where he bit, causing me to moan. When he pulled away, his eyes were completely black, eyes filled with lust. His wolf had completely taken over. "There, now you are forever mine, and mine only."

I pulled back but Damien growled, freezing me in place. His eyes, once black with desire, were now back to their familiar blue. He leaned over and kissed my mark one last time, before turning to the door and left. I just stood there, stunned, thinking back to what just happened.