Chapter 23

I woke up to the sound of someone banging on the door. I tried to ignore it, but whoever it was just pounded even harder. Lexi groaned and rolled out of bed. She walked to the door and wrapped it open.
      Mazie was standing there with a smile on her face. "Jeez, I can't believe you guys were still sleeping!" I sat up and looked at the clock on Lexi's nightstand. 11:47. Wow, we slept in late.
       She pushed past Lexi and flipped on the lights. I groaned and covered my eyes with my hands. "Lights. To. Bright." I groaned.
       "Well to bad. Crescent pack is almost here, and we have to be there to greet them. I brought you two dresses to wear!" I peaked through my fingers and saw her holding a light blue dress towards me.
      "This one is your." She threw it at my face and pointed to the bathroom. "Go change." She demanded. I grabbed the dress and left the warmth of the blankets and entered the bathroom. I threw off my cloths and jumped in the shower. Quickly washing my hair, i rinsed off, then got out. I pulled out Lexi's blow dryer and dried my hair.
      Then I slipped on the dress. It had spaghetti straps, and reached a little bit above my knees. Borrowing some makeup, I decided to do something simple, so I just applied some mascara. Examining myself in the mirror, i approved of myself, then opened the door.
      Lexi had already changed into a light purple dress similar to mine, and had her hair up in a messy bun. She didn't have any makeup on, but she still looked beautiful.
      Mazie clamped her hands together and bounced a little. "We all look hot! Now let's go!" Lexi and I followed her out of the room.
       "Where are we supposed to go?" Lexi asked.
        "The Alpha, Luna, and Beta are pulling their car up in front of the pack house." We reached the front door, and Mazie pulled it open, revealing Charlie, Blake, and Damien.  Mazie skipped down to Charlie and grabbed his hand. Lexi and I approached them. I glared at Damien as I walked by him, then smiled at Blake. He chuckled softly, then shook his head.
       "When are they coming?" Lexie asked Blake. "There they are." He said motioning to two black cars coming down the road. The cars pulled up right in front of us.
        The back door of the first car opened, and a man with black hair that appeared to be in his late forties came out. He turned around and offered a hand to a beautiful women with dirty blonde hair. She looked a lot younger than he did. She looked like she was in her 30s.
         Damien took a step towards the couple. "John, Daisy, its good to see you again." He greeted. The man smiled, showing of his white teeth. "Nice to see you too." His eyes left Damien's and looked over all of us until they landed on me. His smile grew even more.
       "And this must be you mate." I walked towards him and bowed my head to the couple. "It's a pleasure to meet you Alpha. Luna. I'm Amara, but you can just call me Mara." I greeted politely. The women placed a finger gently under my chin, lifting my head up.
       "No need to be so formal. Just call me Daisy. And my husband John." I smiled at her. "Ok, Daisy."
       Damien cleared his throat, them motioned to others. "This is Charlie, one of my best warriors and my mates brother. And of course, you know Mazie. She's his mate." He then motioned to Lexi and Blake. "That is Lexi and this is Blake, my Beta." John and Daisy waved at everyone.
         A door of the second car opened, and a young man with blonde hair stepped out. "This is Jake, one of my warriors." Jake nodded his head at us.
        "And this is Nathaniel, my Beta." When the last man stepped out, I gasped. He had the same brown hair and golden eyes that I always loved. He was taller than I last saw him, but his nose was still slightly crooked from when I accidentally hit him in the face with a kick ball.
       Nate shut the door and turned to us, but froze when he saw me. "Nate?" I whispered. Everybody was watching us, confusion written all over their face. All except for Charlie and Lexi, who looked surprised.
      "Mari!" He exclaimed, calling me by my childhood nickname he assigned me. He ran to me and picked me up and swung me in the air. He plopped me down then pulled me into a huge bear hug. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight.
         I heard Damien growl, angry that I was touching another male, so I pulled away from him.
        "I've missed you so much! I didn't think I was going to see you ever again!" I said happily. His eyes twinkled as he grinned. "Well it looks like we are reunited once again."
       Damien came up behind me and placed an arm around my waist, pulling me towards him. I could tell that his wolf was being possessive of me. "And how do you two know each other." He asked annoyed.
      Nate saw his actions and confusion flashed in his eyes, but he bowed his head to show respect. "Alpha Damien, its good to meet your sir. Mari and I knew each other at our old pack." He growled again, annoyed that he kept using my nickname.
"Why don't we all go inside, and we can talk in there." Alpha John suggested, taking notice of the anger rolling off of Damien. "Yes, why don't we." Damien said, sounding strained. He let go of my waist, but quickly grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. I sent Nate a small smile before following Damien inside.