Chapter 6

I sat up and looked at the wolf. He too gave up his defensive stance and was observing me. He let out a bark and laid down, rolling around on the ground playfully. Charlie! It was him!
      Since we were no longer part of the same pack, I couldn't speak to him. Instead I walked over to him and started nudging him with my nose. He nipped at me and I playfully jumped on him. I can't believe he's alive! But if he's a rouge that means something bad must have happened. Charlie rolled on top of me and went limp. He used to always do this to me. If he had something he wanted, he would use his size to his advantage and sit on me until I agreed to give it to him. I wiggled under him but he refused to move.
That was until a huge black wolf appeared next to us, grabbed his neck and threw him off of me. Charlie hit the large tree and fell to the ground. Damien walked over to him and put his large paw on his neck, about to kill him. "DAMIEN STOP!" I screamed at him but he ignored me. I wouldn't sit there and watch my mate kill my brother, so I did the only thing I could think off. I ran at Damien and jumped into him, throwing him off my brother. Damien growled at me and tried to get to Charlie, but I moved my body in front if him, growling. I bent down towards my brother and licked his face. His face twitched, telling me that he was alive, but unconscious.
"Mara, step away from him right now."
"No."
"Mara if you don't more I swear," I growled at him. "You swear what? You can't hurt me." Damien narrowed his eyes. "Why are you protecting that abomination?"
"Because he's my brother." Damien looked at Charlie them back at me. "Fine. I won't hurt him. Now let's go."
"I'm not leaving my brother." Damien looked annoyed but nodded. "Ok then he can come with us." I nudged Charlie with my foot, but he wouldn't wake up. I leaned down and licked his face, earning a growl from Damien. "Would you relax. He's my brother." I kicked Charlie again a little harder and he finally opened his eyes. He quickly stood up and pushed me behind him, barring his teeth at Damien. Ugh. Men.
I waked out from behind him and stood next to Damien. Charlie gave me a very confused look. I leaned into Damien and began licking his face making Damien stiffen. "What are you doing?" He said, sounding restrained. "He doesn't trust you so I'm trying to tell him I that your my mate." Damien then ran his rough tongue across my face. He leaned In closer and put his face into my neck.
Understanding crossed Charlie's face as he watched our exchange. I locked eyes with him, telling him to follow us. He nodded, and Damien began to lead the way back home. I actually felt really happy when we crossed over the border into our pack. When we reached the pack house, I shifted back and threw on my cloths. Damien let Charlie borrow some shorts, and as soon as he changed, I threw myself on him. I hugged Charlie with all my might, and he hugged me back with equal intensity. "Charlie, I missed you so much!" My voice cracked as I was filled with a lot of emotion. "I missed you too, little sis." Charlie let me go and looked back at Damien.
"So you found your mate?" I blushed and looked away. "Ya." He punched my arm gently. "Awe your blushing. Do you wuv him?" Damien looked at me with such intensity that I had to look away. "Uuhh...ummm..." Charlie burst out laughing and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I shoved him away from me. "Eww Charlie you stink!" He smelled his armpit and shrugged. "I haven't showered in awhile." Oh ya. I forget that he'd probably been on his own this past week. "Um, Charlie, is mom and dad.." I stopped myself, not really knowing how to go on. Charlie frowned. "How about you show me to a shower, and I'll explain everything." Nodding, I led him into the house and to a spare room. I brought him some shampoo from Damien's room, and a towel. He thanked me and closed the door.
Damien was waiting outside the room for me. I closed the door and followed him into his office. "There's going to be some new rules around here. Fist rule you have to tell me if you plan on going anywhere. Second rule, if you want to leave the pack house, then either Blake or i have to be with you."
"But that's not fair!" Damien punched his desk. "The hell it is. You've only been here for a week, and you've already got into a lot of trouble!" I looked down at the floor. "Why do you hate me?" I whispered.
      He sighed and rain his fingers through his hair. "I don't hate you. It's just that I want you to be safe." He walked over to me and stroked my cheek. He leaned in and moved my shirt, placing a soft kiss on my mark, making me shiver. He moved back and pressed his forehead to mine. Inching forward, he placed his lips on mine. Sparks flew everywhere, and a need grew from deep inside me. He kissed me slowly, tracing his fingers around my mark. I moaned and leaned more into him. He suddenly pulled away, and let go of me. I felt lonely and wanted him to kiss me again. "You should go check on you brother." I don't understand. We were just kissing and now he seems so distant. "Oh, um, ok." Without looking back at him, I rushed out the door.

_______________________________________________________* sorry that this was a small update, but I thought it would be a good place to stop. I'm planning on updating later tonight so stay tuned! Don't forget to vote and comment! Please I would love to hear from you!;D