Chapter 18

The whole field was quiet. No one really knew what to do, until slowly one by one they formed a circle around us. I looked to Blake for help, but he simply shrugged an apology and backed away. I searched the crowd until I locked eyes with my brother.
"Charlie, a little help here!"
He shook his head slightly. "Sorry Mara, but there's nothing I can do. You're on your own."
Sighing, I turned my attention back to my mate. His face showed no emotion. Great, this is going to be embarrassing.
"The fight will end when a wolf can deliver a fatal bite to their opponent, or until someone submits. Understand?"
Ya, I understand that I'm about to die. Well, I won't actually die, but will probably be made a fool out of. Damien knows that his wolf is a lot bigger than mine. It's totally not a fair fight.
"Ya I understand."
Damien nodded and shifted into his wolf, shredding the cloths he was just wearing. There wasn't really a place to hide and strip, and there's no way I'm doing that in front of all these people, so I did the same thing. Damn, I really liked that sports bra.
Shaking out my fur, I stood up tall, but Damien's wolf still towered over mine. Blake took a step forward. "They will fight until there is a winner. No one here is aloud to interrupt the fight, or else they will be punished." He paused for a minute before pulling out a whistle I didn't even know he had and blew it. A loud noise sounded throughout the silence, signaling the start of the match.
I ran at Damien and tried to bite his front leg, but he used his head to throw me to the side. Before I could regain my balance, Damien came at me and nipped at my back leg. I yelped and tried to get away, but he pounced on my back, making me fall.
His heavy body was crushing me, and I couldn't get up. "Pretend to be hurt." My wolf said to me. "What why?"
"Just do it." She said. Well, ok if she says so. Going limp under him, I began to whine. I could sense Damien becoming concerned through our bond, and his wolf stood up off of me. Taking the opportunity, I rolled out from under him.
      Using all the strength I had, I threw myself at him and bite the scruff on his neck, throwing him to the ground. I put all my weight on his back so he couldn't get up, and bite his neck slightly. If I bite harder, I could snap his neck, killing him.
      The crowd around us burst into applause. Yes!
I just won! I released my grip on Damien and crawled off his back. I can't believe that actually worked. "I told you so." My wolf huffed.
Damien walked up to me and nudged me with his nose. "Nicely done. But that's won't work on everyone." I rolled my eyes at him and gave him a wolfy grin. "Maybe it wont, but I don't care. All that matters is that I beat you!"
He growled slightly, but didn't say anything else. A couple people came up to me and congratulated me on my win.
"I am ending training early today. You may all go back to your homes." People murmured their "Yes Alpha" before heading towards the trail that lead to the Pack house.
     I could tell that Damien was slightly annoyed that I tricked him.  "Are you ready to go back." I asked him.
"Yes. Let's go." We walked off the field and onto the trail. We were almost to the house when I felt dizzy, and stumbled a bit. Woah. That was weird. Shaking it off, I kept walking, but soon I was hit with another wave, causing me to almost fall. Damien was at my side in an instant, steadying me.
"Are you ok?" He asked me, concerned.
"I don't know. I don't really feel so good all of the sudden." A small breeze brushed through my fur, making me shiver. When did it get to be so cold out.
       I looked over at Damien and saw that he was very stiff. His eyes were darkening, and he slowly took a step away from me.
"Damien? What wrong?"
      "Mara, you need to get away from me right now. You need to go home, and immediately lock yourself in my room. Do not stop to talk to anyone on you way. Leave now." He said, his voice sounding very strained.
      I took a step towards him, but he growled and ran almost 10 feet away from me. What is wrong with him?
      "Damien, what's wrong."
      "Mara, go now."
      I shook my head and sat down. "Not until you tell me what's wrong. Damien, your starting to scare me."
      "It's happening Mara, and I don't know how much longer I can control myself."
      Its happening? What the hell is he taking about. "What's happening?" Another cool breeze ran through my fur. Damien growled loud, and his eyes turned completely black.
"Mara, your in heat." Wait, what did he just say?
      "I'm trying to stay in control of myself, but if you don't leave right now, I will seriously take you right here." He said, lust laced in his voice.
       Well, shit.