Chapyer 26

*Picture of Amara, Lexie, and Mazie's dresses.

By the time we got home, it was around 2:30. The party started at 6, so that gave us around 3 hours to get ready.
As soon as Nate parked the car, Mazie and Lexie jumped out, our dresses in their hands, and ran inside. I, however, stayed in the car and turned to face Nate.
      "Thanks for coming with us." I said. Nate smiled. "Of course. I'd do anything for you."
Sighing, I looked away from him. "I think we should talk..." I began, but Nate cut me off by grabbing my hand.
"I know what you going to say, Mara, and I understand how you feel. You have a mate now, and that changes thing. I just want you to know that no matter what, I will be here for you. Plus, if you happen to change your mind about Alpha Damien, I would be happy to..."
"Nate. No." I warned him. He returned my threat with a soft chuckle. "I'm kidding. Calm down. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I still want to be friends with you."
"Of course we're still friends, Nate." He squeezed my hand before releasing it. "Good. Now go catch up with the girls and get ready. I'll see you later tonight."
I smiled at him, then opened the door and got out. I waved at Nate before I entered the house.
Running up to Mazie's room, I ignored the tingling on the back of my neck that I get when Damien is around. I didn't really feel like talking to him right now.
When I entered her room, Mazie and Lexie had already begun to get ready. "Here. Take this and shower fast." Mazie said, tossing me a towel. "Yes Ma'am." I mumbled under my breath.
I took the fastest shower of my life, quickly shaving my armpits and legs, and washing my hair. When I stepped out, I dried myself off, and wrapped myself in one of Mazie's extra robes.
I opened the bathroom door, and took a breath of the hairspray scented air. "Finally. Now come sit so I can do your hair." Lexie ordered me.
I sat in the chair in front of Mazie's wall mirror. "I think your hair would look really cute if I curled it, then put it up in a bun. I'd leave a couple stray pieces out though. Is that ok?"
I nodded my head. "That would be perfect." For the next hour, Lexie curled my hair, then pulled them up into a semi messy bun on top of my head. As promised, a few curls were left out of the bun, and fell at the side of my face.
After she was done, it was my turn to help Lexie with her hair. She decided to just straighten it, claiming that she wanted to show off her long hair.
When that was done, we began on makeup. Mazie needed no help with her hair. Being the perfectionist she is, Mazie placed her hair in a beautiful fishtail braid, needing no help from anyone.
We all decided to keep it simple by applying a small amount of eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara. I used silver eyeshadow to compliment my outfit.
With a half hour left, we took our dresses out of their bags, and helped each other put them on. We finally got to see Mazie's dress. The top part of it was black. There was a line of jewels near the waist, then the bottom half of the dress was a pretty pale pink. The colors went perfect with her skin tone.
Once we were all dressed, we took a moment to admire our handiwork in the mirror.
"We look amazing!" Lexie squealed.
"My brother is going to have a heart attack when he sees you." Mazie teased. Groaning, i smacked her lightly.
"Can't we go together. Who needs a date when I have you guys." I pleaded. Mazie rolled her eyes at me.
"Mara, the Alpha and Luna have to attend all pack events together. And last time I checked, you're the Luna. Besides, I want to go with Charlie, and Beta Blake asked Lexie to go with him."
My eyes widened and I quickly turned to my best friend. "Blake asked you!?"
Lexie blushed and looked at the ground. "He asked me today when we got back." I laughed at her embarrassment. "Aweeeee, you like him."
Lexie looked up and glared at me. "Shut up." She said quietly. I laughed again, and wrapped my arm around her. "I'm sorry Lex." She shook me off of her, but she wore a huge smile on her face.
"Charlie just linked me. The boys are ready and are waiting for us downstairs."
With one more glance in the mirror, we left Mazie's room and headed towards the stairs.
Like they said, they boys were waiting at the bottom of the stairs for us. I waved at Charlie and Blake, before turning to Damien. As soon as my eyes found him, I gasped.
Damien was wearing a black suit and tie, with his hair styled so it looked messy, yet neat. My fingers were itching to run through his soft locks. A strong feeling of lust shot through me, but I instantly pushed it away. Now was not the time.
When I reached him, I noticed that his eyes were black. I could practically smell the lust rolling off of him. He wasn't even trying to contain himself.
"You look beautiful." He said, his voice deep, making me shiver. "Thanks. You look good too." I said nervously.
"Ok, lets go! The party is waiting." Mazie stated impatiently. Damien offered me his hand, and I slowly took it. "Shall we?" He whispered in my ear, sending tingles up my spine. If he kept this up, I have no idea how I'm even going to last the night.