Chapter 10

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, but I've been super busy with school, and sports. I'll try to update more! Also, I would like to dedicate this chapter to krystal_dancer  . You liked my chapters and actually gave me some feed back which I really appreciate!!!!! I would like to say thank you so much for reading my story, and I hope that you continue to comment and vote!!!
___________________________________________________________________________
      Lexi and I were currently sprawled out on her bed. Lexi was laying down with her arms folded behind her head, while I was on my back, my head resting on her stomach. "I'm sorry Mara, but I don't remember him. But its creepy as hell that he was your dads friend."
      "I don't really know if they were actually though. The last time I saw him, my dad kicked him out. What if they weren't even friends, but enemies."  I shiver ran up my spine. Suddenly, Lexie jumped up, making me fall off of her and land hard on the ground. "That's it. No more gloomy talk. Let's go do something." I sat up and rubbed my now sore head. "Do what?" She swung her feet over the side of her bed. Grabbing my hands, she yanked me up and dragged me towards the door. "We're going shopping. A couple days ago, Mazie and I went into town and she showed me around. They have a huge mall, and you need cloths."
      "One problem. I don't have any money." She gave me a no duh look. "Of course you don't, silly, but Alpha Damien does." She pulled a gold card out of her pocket and handed it to me. "Lexi, how did you even get this?" She grinned. "Mazie told me to give it to you. And before you say no, Damien is your mate and I know for a fact that he wouldn't care if you spend his money." I stared at the card for a moment before reluctantly taking it. We went outside and to the garage. Lexi grabbed keys of the hook and unlocked a light blue sports car. "Uh Lex, are you sure you can drive that?" She rolled her eyes at me and skipped over the drivers side. "Of course I can, now get it and let's go!" Getting in the car, I put my seatbelt on and leaned into the soft seat. She started the car and pulled out.
      On the way to the city, Lexi blasted the radio and we sung at the top of our lungs. Lexi was doing this weird dance will driving, and I laughed so hard that tears began to form in my eyes. I haven't had this much fun in a long time, and I never realized how much I missed it. When we reached the town, I turned the music down a bit and rolled down the windows. The sun was beating down, and a warm breeze flew through the car. Cute stores were lined up and down the streets, with people with shopping bags in their hands, and family's having a good time. Lexie took a left at a stop sign, then turned into a huge parking lot. The mall was bigger than I thought it was going to be. It had a huge main section in the front, then branched off on both sides.
      Luckily, we found a parking spot right in the front. Before I even had time to unbuckle my seat belt, Lexi was already out of the car and heading towards the building. I rushed out and jogged after her. "Jeez, Lex, slow down." She grinned at me and pushed open the doors. The mall was full of people. I could tell that most of them were werewolves, but I could smell a few humans.
      Lexi led me threw the crowd of people and into a store. She insisted that I tried on everything, no matter how much I protested. After awhile of my refusing, she would just pick out cloths for me. We did that for every store we went into. Lexi would look through all the cloths and put things in her basket, while I just stood next to her awkwardly. I love cloths, but I hated shopping. Weird, I know. After three hours, we finally made it through every store, and we had a total of about 20 bags.
      It was 5:00 so we decided to get something in the cafeteria before heading out. Throwing our bags on the floor next to a table, we agreed that one person should stay with our stuff, and of course me being lazy, I said I would stay. I handed Lexi Damien's credit card, and she went to get in line at the pretzel place.
      Resting my head on my hands, I scanned the people around us. There were kids there with their families, teenagers laughing and gossiping, and couples walking hand in hand. I smiled, glad that we come here. All of the sudden, a chill ran down my spine and my wolf began to become agitated. I looked around but didn't see anything out if the ordinary. The, almost coming out of know where, a pair of bright green eyes appeared in front of me. My whole body froze and I gasped. It was him. He was here. I watched, to scared to move, as he slowly approached me, a small smile on his face. He pulled out the chair across from me and sat down.
      "Wow Amara. You sure did age well. You're even more beautiful then the last time I saw you." I narrowed my eyes at him, but I didn't say anything. I couldn't. I was to shocked. I glanced behind him and saw that Lexi was at the front of the line, ordering our food. He turned slightly, following my gaze. When he saw Lexi, he smirked. "Ah, I see that you have company." He leaned in closed to me. "Looks like we'll have to cut this meeting a little bit short." He reached his hand out and ran a finger down my cheek, which made me flinch away. He smirked at my reaction, and took his hand back. Sliding the chair back, he stood up and turned to walk away. "We'll see each other real soon, Amara." He whispered quietly, but with me being a werewolf, I heard him clearly. He walked into the sea of people, and disappeared.
      I sat there, still frozen. My hands were starting to shake and my breathing became shallow. "Wow, that line was huge, but worth it. I asked the to put...." Lexi said as she sat down, but stopped mid sentence when she saw me. "Mara, what's wrong?" I tried to speak, but it came out as a squeak. The food quickly forgotten, she kneeled down in front of me. "He was here, Lexi. The man with green eyes was here." I whispered. Lexi gasped and looked around us, but i knew it was pointless. He was gone. "What! Holy crap Mara! Did he do anything to you?" Concerned and fear leaked into her face. "Nnno, but he said that he would see me again soon." Lexi grabbed my hand and squeezed tightly. "We need to leave."
      Agreeing with her, we grabbed out bags and practically shoved our way through the people and out the mall, running to the car. Throwing our stuff in the back seat, we jumped into the car. Lexi put the car in reverse, and quickly sped out of the parking lot. Once we were out of the city and on the road leading to the pack house, I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. I leaned my forehead onto the cool glass of the window. By now, it was almost 7 o'clock, and it was beginning to get dark. "Have you contacted Damien?"
      "No." Shit, I probably should have done that. "Damien?" It was only seconds later when I felt him through our link. "Mara, where are you? When I came back you were gone."
      "Well, um, Lexi and I went to the mall to go shopping and....... And when we went to eat....." Well here goes nothing. "That man was there, mike." I rushed out. Anger soared through the bond. "What!? God dammit Mara. Why didn't you tell me as soon as you saw him. I have warriors in town. We could have caught him!" He screamed, his voice echoing in my head. It went silent. "Where are you know?" He asked after awhile, trying to stay calm. "We're on our way back. We'll be there in like 2 minutes."
"Good. When you get back, I want you to go to my room and stay there. Don't even think about going anywhere else. I mean it Mara. I have to go out and see if his scent is still there."
"I'm sorry Damien." He didn't reply, but instead cut off our link. Great, he's pissed. This is just what I needed.
When we got back, I got out of the car, and said goodbye to Lexi. She ran over to me and gave me a tight huge. She let go and taking my bags, I walked into the pack house and up the stairs, ignoring the looks I was getting from people. When I entered Damien's room, I closed the door and dropped my stuff on the ground. Exhausted, I stripped my cloths and threw on one of Damien's t shirts that barley reached my mid thigh. I climbed into bed and wrapped the blankets around me. My fear began to slowly trickle away as I was surrounded by Damien's scent. My body relaxed and my eyes began to droop. The last thing I heard before I fell asleep was the sound of a very familiar wolf howling in the distant.