Chapter 4 - A Little More of Each Other

I reached the reception desk of the hotel we were putting up to inquire about my luggage that still hadn't been sent to my room and found Cabir talking to the manager.

"Hey hi Nandini...is there any problem? Do you need something?", Cabir asked in a warm assuring tone.

"Actually I am still waiting for my bags...I had asked the house keeping to get it but they haven't so I just came to ask."

"Excuse me Mr. Phadnis can you please help regarding this?? Ms. Murthy is our special guest and I don't want anything to trouble her", Cabir informed the lobby manager across the reception desk

"Sure sir...give me a moment I will just check with the concerned staff."

Cabir received a call and excused himself while I waited for the manager. He came back in two with the attendant.

"Ms. Murthy can you please give a little description like the color or types of your bags"

"Yeah it is two bag packs, black and orange in color"

"Oh sorry Mam that has been wrongly delivered to room no 608 but then the guest there didn't complain so...", the attendant was a little confused and so was I.

"I am sorry Ms. Murthy...there seems to be confusion ...don't worry I will get it sorted", the Manager immediately called up the concerned room.

He dialed 2-3 times but no one responded. The manager ordered the attendant to go and check.

"Yeah I will also come then..can you please tell me on whose name is it booked"

"Sure...it is..Mr...Mr. Manik Malhotra", he tracked his records from his system and gave me a nerve racking name.

The moment I heard his name, I felt a thump in my heart. Was it really required that all my goof ups surround him only? I could have easily escaped the situation by letting the attendant do it alone but I could not deny that I wanted to see him. His annoyed eyes, dry lips and grumpy face were torturing me very badly.

"Listen you carry on with your work..I will do it myself..okay", I told the attendant as we walk past the lobby.

"But Mam how will shift the luggage..you will need my help"

"No its okay I will manage on my own...Thank you"

I reached his door with slow unsure steps, my anticipation grew as I was preparing myself for yet another encounter with him. I knocked at his door but there was no response, I knocked again and again a no show. I slowly pushed the door and it opened. There was no one in there as I looked around to find him; I saw my luggage lying in one corner along with his. I heard the sound of running water from the bathroom and shuddered in a split second. Again a bathroom...these bathrooms had become nightmares for me. I thought of quickly picking out my stuff and rushing out from there before he came to know. As I proceeded further I saw his phone thrown carelessly on the bed. I had an uncontrollable urge of checking it. I tried stopping myself from getting into this but I needed a consensus regarding him, this mystery, this suspense had driven out every drop of peace from me. I picked the phone with the hope that I might get some clue about him and my confusions are answered but to my dismay the phone was password protected. I shrugged my shoulders in disappointment and tossed it back on the bed, there was something else that caught my attention, I saw something under the pillow something like a wallet. I tried to grab it but then suddenly felt a strong pull on my arms and before I could realize anything, I was dragged with a jerk and pinned on the nearest wall pretty roughly.

I had an idea who it was but still couldn't dare to open my eyes to face him. I waited for him to do something more, may be even kill me but nothing happened. A whiff of his sweet manly fragrance wrecked havoc in my senses, the tip of my nose felt cold. I slowly opened my eyes to capture his bare wet body. I saw his chest pumping hard and his grip on my hands were so tight that it felt the blood supply was cut short. This time I had the fortune of viewing another part of the Greek God. I bit my lips in anticipation and tried to derive confidence to look at him. He was already waiting me to look at him when our eyes met.